Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Keep your movie conversations in here please. A lot of us haven't had a chance to see the movie yet.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Based on what I've seen of the Star Wars cultists, I now regret not making (and selling) light sabers with a flesh light handle (for the male virgins) and a dildo handled light saber (for the female virgins). :disgust:

Oh well, off to eat pounds of empty carbs and nitrate laden meats at the company winter solstice luncheon...where's my insulin?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have not seen the movie but I opened this thread because of the "spoiler alert." Where are the SPOILERS! Also, I'm curious what happens in Episode 8 as well as the "Rogue One" standalone film, if you have any of that detail.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I liked it! I wanted to be entertained for two hours...I didn't expect to learn the meaning of life. Good movie. :)

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Episode 8. They won't need to be as nostalgic.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I saw the first one as when I was 12 - its was better than Grease and Saturday Night Fever but who knew it would become so big? 7 sequels is good marketing - someone bought me R2D2 socks for Christmas. Thank God my RMSS had better sense.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
The more I think about this movie, the more I dislike it.

To predictable, Does every Jedi have to be on a sand planet with dead parents?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The more I think about this movie, the more I dislike it.

To predictable, Does every Jedi have to be on a sand planet with dead parents?
That was Luke's aunt and uncle in Episode 4.
Anakin's mom raised him in Episode 1. She didn't die until he was an adult, and Anakin had no father.
There was no mention of what happened to Rey's parents in Episode 7.

:nerd:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm pretty sure he will still not have to work another day in his life.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I was entertained but that was my one takeaway. I still think he used the recycling to start off a lot of new storylines and the new characters were entertaining and good acting.
it felt like a george lucas movie to me....