Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I finally watched episode 6. I thought the Luke and Grogu stuff was a little of drawn out, but this was an otherwise awesome episode. Unfortunately a Cad Bane spoiler flashed across my facebook feed before I watched so I knew that was coming, but it was still awesome to see. Now they need to get Hondo added in there somewhere.

I don't think the marshall is dead. The people that ran up to help him said something was wrong with him, not that he was dead. He was reluctant to help Mando in fighting the Pykes, but getting shot by Cad Bane provides motivation to get him involved in that fight.

The last couple of episodes have certainly felt like Mandolorian season 2a, but I am fine with that. I'm just happy we are getting some good new Star Wars content. I would expect some storylines to carryover to the Ahsoka series too.

Also, kind of dick move by Luke to make Grogu pick between the beskar armor or the lightsaber. The beskar was meant to be a gift. Let the kid have it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Undead Luke's voice was wrong... because they tried to use a neural network + old Mark Hamill footage to synthesize it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Also, kind of dick move by Luke to make Grogu pick between the beskar armor or the lightsaber. The beskar was meant to be a gift. Let the kid have it.
Also just seems dumb that you can have either the super sword, or the armor that can protect you from super swords. If the whole goal of Jedi is to defeat the Sith, and the Soth use lightsabers, some lightsaber proof underwear seems pretty clutch. If Luke had been wearing a beaker bracelet on Cloud City he’d still have his hand…

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I want a Grogu Cad Bane fight, light saber vs. blaster in the street.

Just like in the first Indiana Jones.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I see BOBA season 1 only has one episode left. That's a lot of moving parts to pull together for the final episode, or least get things lined up for season 2.
gonna be 20 minutes of the Mod Squad cruising around slowly on their Space Vespas

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you're just jealous because those are sweeter than your ebike
I hope to not be disappointed

but frankly episodes 2 (Tusken ritual) and 5 (Bryce Dallas Howard at the helm) have been the only ones actually good.