Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Damn, a lot going on there, looks like they’re creating a background story for about 38 characters, stole some shots from Goldeneye, and the props department got lazy and threw a totally undisguised AK47 in there. Sweet!

Edit, upon further review Stellen Skarsgard and Werner Herzog are not actually the same person, so maybe there’s not quite as much backstory being developed here as I thought. Still looks rad

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the best star wars movie gets re released in select imax theatres august 26th thru 28th

rogue one....

gonefirefightin

free wieners
After 3 episodes I can say the visuals and compositions are very appealing. The screenplay is very cerebral once it gets going. I found it a bit slow starting but they make films and shows for pretty low IQ scores these days. I can actually see the storyline progressing and the tempo stepping up as well if they continue on the track it's on. As long as they don't add any looney bits such as scooter gangs, JarJar-type characters or major re-writes to add sequels and drum up new timelines I will be happy with it

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
After 3 episodes I can say the visuals and compositions are very appealing. The screenplay is very cerebral once it gets going. I found it a bit slow starting but they make films and shows for pretty low IQ scores these days. I can actually see the storyline progressing and the tempo stepping up as well if they continue on the track it's on. As long as they don't add any looney bits such as scooter gangs, JarJar-type characters or major re-writes to add sequels and drum up new timelines I will be happy with it
:stupid:

We need more Star Wars stories like this.

Though I reserve the ability to change my mind by the time the series is done.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
andor is cool....

whoever rented the room before forgot to delete their disney+ info....clicked on the app and the whole familes preferences were there...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Kind of an obtuse take^

The Empire controlled everything, then the Empire fell and from the ashes the First order rose, that doesn't mean that the First order controlled nothing and was thus akin to ISIS. The FO is a lot more like Russia today, controls a lot less than the USSR did, but definitely still a problem and capable to of some horrific things to re-take their old empire, all in a world without a competing superpower. Not a perfect analogy, but it's close enough.

The resistance doesn't by default inherit the entire Empire simply because the Empire fell apart, they were a rag tag bunch, there would have been a lot of powerful former Empire employees ready to fill the power vacuum. The events of TFL don't make 100% sense, but they're far from 100% nonsense either. The weird dark planet mega fleet was unknown until the events of Ris of Skyjarjar, so for all intents and purposes it didn't exist, so to say nothing mattered as a result of it's later exposure is dumb. We mite get nuked tomorrow, but I still have to pay my taxes today since I don't know that the nuke's gunna happen.

Their point about switching directors was accurate though, from there on the wheels fell off the wagon. They tried to hard to deliberately screw up what JJ Abrams had set up, and then they brought JJ back and he had to fix all the plot holes Rian Johnson created. Killing Snoke and keeping Leia alive was just dumb.

The real plot issue with SW is that killing the Emperor and Darth Vader lead to the collapse of an otherwise thriving Empire. Who was the Nancy Pelosi of the Empire? Wouldn't the 3rd in command simply take over? They only lost like 5 ships on Endor, so either they somehow controlled an entire galaxy with 5 ships, or the entire fleet saw that and just fucking quit.

Star Wars is really dumb, but it's entertaining, so quit bitching about the plot. None of it makes sense, not one single aspect makes any sense at all.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The problem with the last 3 movies was they were the same f*cking plot as the IV-VI.

maybe if we build a planet laser weapon again? That worked the last 3 times…

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Andor took a couple of episodes to lay some groundwork and get things going, but it's gotten very good. I was bummed when episode four ended because I wanted to watch more. I think this is the first time in the Star Wars universe that I can remember the Empire discussing things like finances and human resources.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Are you F-ing kidding me? That's some F-ed up shit right there...

1664682238077.png

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Andor took a couple of episodes to lay some groundwork and get things going, but it's gotten very good. I was bummed when episode four ended because I wanted to watch more. I think this is the first time in the Star Wars universe that I can remember the Empire discussing things like finances and human resources.
I agree. Had to power through the first episode but then it started getting interesting. They're portraying the Empire like an large evil corporation which some of us can definitely relate to lol

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Seems some others agreed

"Sums it for me atm.
I don't expect pew pew all the time but I expect interesting conversations, better character development and less watching someone get a lecture off his mum while eating cereal.
Also the heist should have happened by now.
Krull and LOTR made walking to a quest more interesting than Blandor"

"
1665266615349.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The difference between star WARS and star TREK:

In star TREK you can beam down and leave your ship in orbit and not worry 'bout anyone stealing it...