Quantcast

Staring down the boss in the company lot

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I rode thru the company lot and I see a Beemer coming at me around 30mph. There was no chance of a collision, but I was like, "wtf!", so I slowed down, blocked the road, and gave my staredown.

Turns out it was one of the managers driving, not my direct report but someone I have to give wide berth. And I am glad the little games I play on a bike most people have no clue what they really mean.

I decided not to sneak attack her by riding 20mph directly at her as she walked from her car, and I also avoided mentioning how she was going too fast or how she should get a bike if she is going to drive like an a-hole.

I noticed she was especially nice to me in the elevator, so I wonder if she is drawing up my papers right now...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
sanjuro said:
I rode thru the company lot and I see a Beemer coming at me around 30mph. There was no chance of a collision, but I was like, "wtf!", so I slowed down, blocked the road, and gave my staredown.

Turns out it was one of the managers driving, not my direct report but someone I have to give wide berth. And I am glad the little games I play on a bike most people have no clue what they really mean.

I decided not to sneak attack her by riding 20mph directly at her as she walked from her car, and I also avoided mentioning how she was going too fast or how she should get a bike if she is going to drive like an a-hole.

I noticed she was especially nice to me in the elevator, so I wonder if she is drawing up my papers right now...
your boss is laura?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sanjuro said:
I also avoided mentioning how she was going too fast or how she should get a bike if she is going to drive like an a-hole.
chances are if she drives a car like an A$$HOLE then she will ride a bike like one... the last thing we (as bikers) need is bad PR!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I guess staring down a woman from a bike is slightly better than staring down children from a van. Still a bit creepy tho.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BurlyShirley said:
I guess staring down a woman from a bike is slightly better than staring down children from a van. Still a bit creepy tho.
Cmon, you were in the military. I bet you get flogged for looking at a superior officer the wrong way...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sanjuro said:
Cmon, you were in the military. I bet you get flogged for looking at a superior officer the wrong way...
Nah. I knew my place and the times I stepped out of line I had good reason to and had nothing to worry about.