Quantcast

Staring Over

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Does anyone else hate it when you're on a roll, and then something like work or wahtever JACKS your training schedule and you have to start all over?

I HATE IT. This has been the busiest summer I've had at work and I'm nowhere ready for the race season which starts in 2 weeks!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Merwin5_10
Does anyone else hate it when you're on a roll, and then something like work or wahtever JACKS your training schedule and you have to start all over?

I HATE IT. This has been the busiest summer I've had at work and I'm nowhere ready for the race season which starts in 2 weeks!
yes i was in the best shape ever last year leading up to this past winter. Then i changed jobs. I never use my job as an excuse not to ride(at least not for long peirods of time) but that job kept me on the road for 3 weeks out of the month for 6 months, not time ride. i have switched jobs again and have been pounding out the miles for the last two months trying to get back to the spot. I'm going to start raceing for the first time in a couple of weeks, not really ready but pumped about it.
What races are you doing? What class are you racing in?

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
I had plans of doing the fall TMBRA series but my work schedule won't afford me but 1 race day off. That sucks. I'll be doing the DORBA (loacal series) this fall in the BEG. class. I should class up to sport since my regular rides are between 20 and 30 miles but I like the idea of an all out 8-12 mile, off-road sprint race.

I'll get my ass kicked either way at the rate I'm going now.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Sorry about the time off think that sucks. I'm also going to race in the beggers class but just for a few of the races until i get this thing down. Im going to do huntsville, i grew up in that area, and rustin. I'm thinking about doing kerville this weekend but not sure and also bryan. If you get a chance to go be sure to post and maybe we can meet out on the trail
t

igjr

Chimp
Aug 23, 2001
CO
I see you're going to be racing beginner, but above your avatar, it says "Pro Rider." What gives there? Please don't take that the wrong way, just haven't seen any sort of custom options for my own registration and I'm not quite sure whassupwidat? I'm still getting used to the way ridemonkey works. So you're not a pro rider, then?

igjr

igjr

Chimp
Aug 23, 2001
CO
I guess that make more sense. Should read "pro poster", no?
Just foolin around.

igjr

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by igjr
I guess that make more sense. Should read "pro poster", no?
Just foolin around.

igjr
Actually I have been wanting to change the user title designations. Any suggestions?

Anyone with over 250 posts can email me a custom title.

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Rain sucks.

Rider, Avanced rider, pro rider etc is automatically assigned by the number of posts you make on the board. Not your prowness on the bike.
So, you're saying I suck, ey?:D

For my custom designation I shall now be know henceforth as Pro-Smack-Runner.