Quantcast

@@@ Start FTS again @@@

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
FTS is strong. But thankfully only working until Wednesday lunchtime then off on vacay for 10 days.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Worked my last 5-10 pm shift last night.

WFH today so have a bit of in-day flexibility. Will try to get a bit of dirt jumping in later in the morning, plus a plumber is coming by to check up on why the sump pump is pumping every few minutes, and the Land Cruiser’s TPMS dash light is telling me it has lost a sensor or the like. TPMS is helpful but a pain.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Big push yestersay to get the shower grouted. Success! Just need to wait 3 days for it to cure, then I can seal, caulk, and finally use the damn thing. About time.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
last ever?
Yes, because we now have internal moonlighting within my section instead that’s about 3x more lucrative per hour, is available basically any day after hours, and is more time flexible. No reason to do the fixed-hours 5-10 pm Sat/Sun shifts for me any more.

edit: this just re weekends. Weekdays we still cover until 10 so I’ll still variously work 7-4, 8-5 (usually), 4-10 M-F.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
1657546822595.png

i mean, i have considered writing an outlook rule that any email that contains "@" in the sender's address goes directly to the trash. would be way more efficient that way.
I would have thought that wouldn't work, as I don't think @ is valid in an email address, except for in certain special use cases. But I just tried it out and it does work.

The better thing to do would be to just redirect all emails, regardless of characters, to the trash bin.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah has continued mild fever and ear ache. Pending ear infection inbound. Glad I don't have any work to do today... Hoping to study for half of today and work on internal stuff the rest. That plan is going to shit.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got my car “fixed” on Saturday based on my mechanic’s suggestion. Except when I got home it was leaking more fluid than when I dropped it off. Somebody was in a hurry and half assed the gasket/filter replacement on the tranny. Back in the shop today.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah is suddenly feeling better when she found out that if she's sick, she doesn't get to go on her field trip to mini-golf. Convenient.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Forward scheming for raises has already begun. Team is 5 people. 1 is retiring in 7 months, but upper management won't let her replacement be hired until she's gone. It took 3 months to hire someone the last time we needed someone. Contractually we need to have 5 people, so hiring will occur.

One just got his CFP and negotiated for a $15k raise the day after he got it. I am probably 6mos from being able to finish my CFP (factoring life into timeline; could do 4mos if I did nothing else in life). Was just talking with young guy on team about getting accreditations and why he should be working on his CFP now, while his wife is out of town doing her residency. He agrees and it will take him about 7mos to finish his study. That puts us both into the March '23 test. Assuming we both pass, then 3/4 people on the team will have CFP's, 2 newly acquired, all in demand, on a team that's already short staffed and in an industry that is having hiring issues. CFP's are incredibly sought after within industry right now with most no-experience positions starting above our current levels, so if we don't get the raises we want, we can all easily walk.

Pieces are being put into play. Now we work to see what happens.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Last night I binge watched two seasons of some show called American Vandal on Netflix. God damn I am definitely dumber today but it was actually pretty funny.