Quantcast

Starting to save for a new frame...

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
so i need some insight. i'm deciding between saving for a black market or a ns suburban. heres the low down
-either way i'm gunna need a new seat post, cuz both are 27.2mm.
-either will be used for street, dj, park, rear brake only, singlespeed.
-going to get chaintugs no matter what frame i get.
-the ns is lighter by .2 or .3lbs, but i'm not much of a weight weenie
-i can get the sub for like 550, the riot for 300 including a bmx bb, which means new cranks, but my plan was to get bmx cranks anyways.
- the Riot cs is supposed to be 15.625, the Sub is 15-15.75
-the Sub's geo is steeper, HA and SA. i dunno what that changes, but i would assume the Sub feels more like a bmx
- i'm running 26's, trying to get my hands on a 2.25 Table top, currently most likely gunna get a Kenda NPJ 2.10

i would like to hear opinions from people who have ridden either frame, or both of them.

the use will mostly be park, and some street. but more dirt riding will come as me and a few friends begin to build some dj's in our new spot.

and i dig both colours, the Mint Riot, and the Electric Blue Sub.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I vote the BlkMkrt also but if you are willing to pay $550 on the NS why not get a BlkMkrt MOB or for less then the NS a Dobermann Pinscher?? Plus Black Markets use a euro bb and you have to consider what size the bb in the roit is 19 or 22mm axle diameter this way you know what your crank options are.

Last edited:

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
I vote the BlkMkrt also but if you are willing to pay $550 on the NS why not get a BlkMkrt MOB or for less then the NS a Dobermann Pinscher?? Plus Black Markets use a euro bb and you have to consider what size the bb in the roit is 19 or 22mm axle diameter this way you know what your crank options are.
i am aware of the bb situation.
I live in Canada, nothings cheap here. a riot new is 500+13% tax. that would put the mob at 750+13% tax. if i was going to buy the mob, i would personally buy the ns majesty instead. and no shops near me carry dobermann, but i dont see why i couldnt get one ordered in. it weighs like 5.5lbs, andi dont see much of an advantage of a dobermann over a riot besides the weight. i have like 300 saved, i just spent alot, but once i sell my old rear wheel and bmx, i should have another 300, which 50 of it is going to buying 2 answer pro taper bars. thats right, i'm getting 2 for 50.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
that sux I have an older geared MOB that I bought new for $300 usd but wish I had the cash for a new Chrome one. trying to save up to build a 24" Doberman Molosse. Only differences with the pinscher over the riot is a spanish bb over a euro and better steel. Sorry I am not familiar with the NS bikes but from what I read nothing really impresses me.

Last edited:

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
it just has a steeper seat angle and head angle than the mob. thats the only diff that i can see. and that the cs can be slammed to 15".

either way i'm keeping my wheels, s-types, and i'm going to be running a kenda npj 2.1. so i dunno how far i'm going to be able to slam that, but i plan on running it as far in as i can.