Quantcast

State Champs information please

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
I looked and looked again, but could not find what I needed,

So I have few questions about the 26 West State champs race coming up on October 18. First is what are the entry fess and the second is what are the practice times for Friday and Saturday?

I really neeed to get all of this plannned, so any info to my questions will be most appericated.

Thanks,

Austin

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I looked and looked again, but could not find what I needed,

So I have few questions about the 26 West State champs race coming up on October 18. First is what are the entry fess and the second is what are the practice times for Friday and Saturday?

I really neeed to get all of this plannned, so any info to my questions will be most appericated.

Thanks,

Austin

Did you look on page 2 of this very forum?:busted:
Here is the schedule I copied and pasted:
I don't know about the entry fees.

State Champs Track Unveiling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 West invites YOU and your BIG BIKE, on Sunday, September 28, to come test the 2008 State Champs DH track! It will be open only to expert and pro riders from 1 – 4pm. The full DH track offers 800’ of pure racing fun, and is the first run to descend the entire park.
The Village DH trail is in perfect shape and is nearly half of this year’s DH track. It will be open to all classes of racers, with beginners finishing on cobblestones in the village. All racers who are not beginners - Pro/Am – will descend 400’ further to a new finish area.
Race Schedule:
10/17 Fri 10-4pm DH Practice, Pro DH Qualifying 4-6pm
10/18 Sat 9:30-11am DH Mandatory Practice/Inspection, Rider Meeting in Village 11:30am, Race Starts 12pm at upper lift station
10/19 Sun All Day Racer Park Pass will be available

Come check out the new track, grill out and chat about who will win a crown this year!
RIDE 26 WEST!

Jun 11, 2004
Does anyone have information on the registration fees and classes they wil have?
Ryan?....anyone?
Was at 26 yesterday and heard this info second hand.

But what I heard was that Ryan said the entry fee is gonna be $40. And that will cover practice on Friday and racing on Saturday.

Again, I didn't get this directly.......just what I heard. Hopefully its accurate because thats a sweet deal IMO!

Didn't hear anything about classes.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Was at 26 yesterday and heard this info second hand.

But what I heard was that Ryan said the entry fee is gonna be $40. And that will cover practice on Friday and racing on Saturday.

Again, I didn't get this directly.......just what I heard. Hopefully its accurate because thats a sweet deal IMO!

Didn't hear anything about classes.

I got it directly.:biggrin:
That is what Ryan told me as well.
That it would be $40 for Friday and Saturday combined.
He also said any racer staying over for Sunday can ride for $10.
I think the course turned out great as well. The top is fun, and the very bottom is tech and challenging. Should make for an interesting race.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I did some top to bottom runs yesterday. It was a great time. I logged it using TrailGuru on the iphone but I couldn't get it to post. Total course length was .99 miles but it will be slightly shorter when he gets it taped off. I'd highly suggest coming out - the course is definitely a good one.

tbagnal

Chimp
Jul 28, 2008
that is a good deal! hope i can get out! what about classes? are they going to have full line up? or just age? i have not really heard what the turnout is looking like, hopefully a good one! also if you cant get up on friday what will it cost just for sat race? still 40? and any ideas on sign up times?

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
Anyone interested in getting a room Friday night? OB1 and I are headed up that way Friday morning. (pending weather) As you guys know I'm broke as a convict. If we went 4 to a room the $ spent wouldnt be too bad. Plus someone gets to sleep with me. :banana:
Fitzy?
Johnboy?
Jeff?
Necker?
Basher?
Kenen?
Anyone?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Wish I could, I wont be doing sh!t, my foot / ankle / back of my leg is still fvcked :plthumbsdown: Still cant put a shoe on and the back of my leg looks like I was attacked by something with very sharp teeth. Have fun.

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
C'mon John....you pass'n on a chance to share a bed with me? C-Los was scared at Windrock....you scared too? :biggrin:
Hope you heal up quick brotha!
You should come up just for the scene....and to watch me crash my brains out.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Damn and I thought I turned you guys into racer boyz after the Paris race??? I guess not because if I did you guys would stop at nothing to race!!! :imstupid:

Will miss you both and sorry we didn't ride much together at 26W last weekend,

Cecil

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
Anyone interested in getting a room Friday night? OB1 and I are headed up that way Friday morning. (pending weather) As you guys know I'm broke as a convict. If we went 4 to a room the $ spent wouldnt be too bad. Plus someone gets to sleep with me. :banana:
Fitzy?
Johnboy?
Jeff?
Necker?
Basher?
Kenen?
Anyone?
Im sure Im in with ya...... I will sleep on the floor:redface:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Wish I could, I wont be doing sh!t, my foot / ankle / back of my leg is still fvcked :plthumbsdown: Still cant put a shoe on and the back of my leg looks like I was attacked by something with very sharp teeth. Have fun.
Had to send my rear shock off to Fox to be serviced, so I'll be riding XC this weekend.
Wait, dont you guys both ride the same bike? Does anyone else see a solution here? :lighten:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
John's shock actually needs serviced just as bad as mine did. So I dont mind just doing a XC ride this weekend. Should have my shock back with Ti spring for next weekend :biggrin:

What? Mines not blowing fluid out of it. But I should have it serviced soon I suppose.