Quantcast

State Pooper gets his

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Driving home from TN this week we were in IL & cruising south of Chicago in a line of 4 cars all going maybe 12-15 over the speed limit. I had my cruise locked in at half a hair less than 10 over & that is where I keep it cuz I have never been pulled over at <10 over. Anyway, black chick from Texas in a Rolls has been pacing me for the last hundred or so miles, finally decided to pass & was the car in front of me when the 4 of us pass a speed trap. Trooper pulls out everyone adjusts speed & we all fall in line on the slow lane.

Here is where it gets weird.
Trooper pulls up to the Texan in the Rolls & starts pacing her (lights off) door to door, every time she slows down he does too, she ends up slowing down to 50 & he still is pacing her. I am not sure what he was doing but to me it looked like he was fukking with her.

After she slowed down to 50 he hung back with her & then took off....had to have just punched it cuz he was gone. I see the guy whipping in & out of traffic & about a 1/4 mile down the road I see him cut over hard & then he loses it & spins out, mind you there is a lot of traffic & it is a wonder no one hit him or he hit anyone else, & smashes into the guard wire things after blowing through a snow pile.

I have to think if the dude wasnt a douche he wouldnt have ****ed up his cruiser.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
How about this one:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2010/12/06/pursuit-suspect-drowns-after-ditching-bike/

WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) &#8212; A young man who allegedly led police on a high speed chase on his motorcycle drowned in a canal after abandoning the bike and trying to flee on foot.

The California Highway Patrol began the pursuit in Fairfield at about 4:30 p.m. Monday after the suspect allegedly refused to stop when police tried to pull him over for speeding.

The suspect, identified as 20-year-old Stephen Oneil, fled to West Sacramento on Interstate 80 at speeds topping 100 MPH, authorities said. O&#8217;Neill allegedly ditched his Honda motorcycle in a parking lot just off Enterprise Boulevard and fled into a field on foot.

&#8220;He was going speeds of 100 to 120 miles an hour, driving on the shoulder, on the center divider, very recklessly,&#8221; said California Highway Patrol spokeswoman Cindy Leal.

CHP officers and West Sacramento Police launched a major effort to locate O&#8217;Neil, using helicopters and K-9 units to track him.

Oneil apparently took off his helmet, gloves and jacket behind a Denny&#8217;s restaurant and dove into a nearby canal to try to escape. A police canine found him floating in the water just after 6:00 p.m.

The suspect may have struck his head and injured his neck in the water, which is just three feet deep, authorities said.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The NC Highway Patrol safe driving instructor got pulled over here doing 90+ on a 2 lane side road off duty in his own car. The cop that busted him tried to let it slide. In the end, both got the boot.

Cooler story bro....

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Troopers always seen have huge attitudes. The need to lay off the cowboy fantasy a bit.

One time a trooper went by the other way on a 35 mph road, then whipped his car RIGHT in front of someone coming the other way, lights flashing and tires screaming. I pull off to let him by and he pulls in behind me. WTF? When he comes up to the car he reports I was going 6 mph over the limit. I asked if he really wanted to wreck his car and kill someone over a $100 ticket. He tells me "My driving is not your concern, sir!" And he didn't even give me the ticket. Idiot.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Troopers always seen have huge attitudes. The need to lay off the cowboy fantasy a bit.

One time a trooper went by the other way on a 35 mph road, then whipped his car RIGHT in front of someone coming the other way, lights flashing and tires screaming. I pull off to let him by and he pulls in behind me. WTF? When he comes up to the car he reports I was going 6 mph over the limit. I asked if he really wanted to wreck his car and kill someone over a $100 ticket. He tells me "My driving is not your concern, sir!" And he didn't even give me the ticket. Idiot.
Next time compliment his driving abilities. You'll avoid a billy stick discharged to your temple.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
So when the "Law" gets into an accident do they get the same treatment as the "Average Joe", like a sobriety/breathalizer test? You rarely hear about things like that happening to them as opposed to a write up in the local paper about the "Average Joe" character.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I have to think if the dude wasnt a douche he wouldnt have been a trooper.

So when the "Law" gets into an accident do they get the same treatment as the "Average Joe", like a sobriety/breathalizer test? You rarely hear about things like that happening to them as opposed to a write up in the local paper about the "Average Joe" character.
There is a lot you'll never even hear about, or what you do is very skewed for the media.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Driving home from TN this week we were in IL & cruising south of Chicago in a line of 4 cars all going maybe 12-15 over the speed limit. I had my cruise locked in at half a hair less than 10 over & that is where I keep it cuz I have never been pulled over at <10 over. Anyway, black chick from Texas in a Rolls has been pacing me for the last hundred or so miles, finally decided to pass & was the car in front of me when the 4 of us pass a speed trap. Trooper pulls out everyone adjusts speed & we all fall in line on the slow lane.

Here is where it gets weird.
Trooper pulls up to the Texan in the Rolls & starts pacing her (lights off) door to door, every time she slows down he does too, she ends up slowing down to 50 & he still is pacing her. I am not sure what he was doing but to me it looked like he was fukking with her.

After she slowed down to 50 he hung back with her & then took off....had to have just punched it cuz he was gone. I see the guy whipping in & out of traffic & about a 1/4 mile down the road I see him cut over hard & then he loses it & spins out, mind you there is a lot of traffic & it is a wonder no one hit him or he hit anyone else, & smashes into the guard wire things after blowing through a snow pile.

I have to think if the dude wasnt a douche he wouldnt have ****ed up his cruiser.
That is a cool story bro!

Similar story. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting to cross a 45 mph single lane each way road when an 88 bmw drivin by a 20 year old stops in front of me to make a left hand turn with turn signal on, right behind him about 3 car lengths back is a state trooper barreling behind him who seemed to be doing the speed limit but didn't realize the beamer stopped to turn so he blasted the beamer right in the rear who then shot into the on coming lane and hit another vehicle coming the other way. Beamer was totaled but nobody was seriously injured but the woman who was coming the other way was taken in the Amber lamps but was ok. The funny part was after about 20 minutes the trooper who caused this scene was then directing traffic out in the middle of it all while the other personnel cleaned up. I was the one who had to give the witness statement.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dunno, this happened ~2 miles away from me, so I'm pretty "pro cop" right about now. Home invasion, and the suspect came back to get the (tied up) homeowner to take him to the local bank...

Cops & Troopers are two different beasts. My neighborhood po-po are A-OK with me. Those guys are fighting real crime & protecting citizens. :thumb: