Quantcast

Statue of Liberation through Jesus

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm speechless
Is she wearing a bukah? How appropriate.....
Time to speed up your Memphis evacuation plan Laura

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm going to make my own statue called "The Statue of Libation".

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
first start a congregation and solicit money from them so that you can fund it.
I have, and I even thought of a name "Branch Davidians"

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I wonder how many people could be fed or clothed with that kind of money?

Good thing Jesus commanded his followers to screw the needy and engage in idolotry. :rolleyes:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
"That church is trashing the meaning of America," said 11-year Hickory Hill resident Evelyn Douglass.
"The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of the United States of America," she said. "The cross represents a specific religion. It's not right that they are mixing the two."

That is one smart kid.

:thumb:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
"That church is trashing the meaning of America," said 11-year Hickory Hill resident Evelyn Douglass.
"The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of the United States of America," she said. "The cross represents a specific religion. It's not right that they are mixing the two."

That is one smart kid.

:thumb:

I've found that children are far more perseptive than most adults and speak their minds freely.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
What's to get all worked up about?

It's just freedom of speech and expression and all that rot.... You can't condone this while supporting flag burning...

:rolleyes:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
N8 said:

It's just freedom of speech and expression and all that rot.... You can't condone this while supporting flag burning...

Main Entry: con·done
: to pardon or overlook voluntarily; especially : to treat as if trivial, harmless, or of no importance <condone corruption in politics>

Main Entry: sup·port
1 : to endure bravely or quietly : BEAR
2 a (1) : to promote the interests or cause of (2) : to uphold or defend as valid or right : ADVOCATE

The condemnation (I assume thats the word you meant to use) is towards the wasting of resources frivolously in an area of town where people are dying of diabetese because of lack of health resources, children go to bed hungry nightly, and close to one person a day is shot.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
N8 said:

I'm pretty sure no one is commenting on whether they can put the statue up or not (of course they can) but whether the $260,000 could have been better spent. (of course it could have been).

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
I'm pretty sure no one is commenting on whether they can put the statue up or not (of course they can) but whether the $260,000 could have been better spent. (of course it could have been).
Money can always be better spent... but if it was an antiwar protest that cost the local gov hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional security, I bet there would be no liberal outrage...

I the GawdWarriors wanna put up a statue, so what?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
sanjuro said:
what do you expect, this is tennessee. back me up burly!
Yep, they should just go ahead and elect Dolly Parton Governor.
Ole Tits McGee.
Nah, you would really have to live in a state full of retards to elect someone in entertainment for Governor. :clue: :)

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Tenchiro said:
I wonder how many people could be fed or clothed with that kind of money?

Good thing Jesus commanded his followers to screw the needy and engage in idolotry. :rolleyes:
i agree it is a waste since that money could have whent to helping the people in the area.
Imo the church has lost sight of what christianity stands for.
Btw I was raised as an evangelical christian but no longer attend church.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
laura said:
Main Entry: con·done
: to pardon or overlook voluntarily; especially : to treat as if trivial, harmless, or of no importance <condone corruption in politics>

Main Entry: sup·port
1 : to endure bravely or quietly : BEAR
2 a (1) : to promote the interests or cause of (2) : to uphold or defend as valid or right : ADVOCATE

The condemnation (I assume thats the word you meant to use) is towards the wasting of resources frivolously in an area of town where people are dying of diabetese because of lack of health resources, children go to bed hungry nightly, and close to one person a day is shot.
Well put

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
Yep, they should just go ahead and elect Dolly Parton Governor.
Ole Tits McGee.
Nah, you would really have to live in a state full of retards to elect someone in entertainment for Governor. :clue: :)
actually this state now has a better governor than it deserves.

the first thing he did when he came to power was sh..can the head of the tennessee dept. of transportation. who's main goal was to pave over the entire state.
he's now doing his best to get rid of the financial anchor that is tenncare.

and dolly ?
her face has been pulled so tight, she now resembles the trophy bass that my uncle has hanging on his wall.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BeerDemon said:
And you people wonder why I hate the church.....

i don't wonder at all.
what's not to hate ?

an organized buisness exempt from taxation.
that exists to instill a life time of guilt and an afterlife of eternal damnation. that they can rid you of by relieving you of that root of all evil. your $$$.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Wow, that's exactly what's wrong with the church in general. When Jesus said feed the needy-that's what He meant-He meant feed the needy-the ones right outside your doors picking through your trash. What a travesty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Folks are free to do what they like with their money, even if it doesn't acheive what they are working for. Pretty much any monument anywhere could have had its funds directed to more positive ends, like the statue of liberty itself. Personally I see the biggest problem is it being really tacky. It could have made a much more elegant and lasting statement if it was an original creation. In the end the original SOL will stand in peoples minds not that POS, kind of like Rocky will be considered a good movie and Rocky V a waste of time and money.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BeerDemon said:
And you people wonder why I hate the church.....
Nah. We don't. I don't exactly hate the church. Just a little leary of them. Most christians have no idea how scary they seem to others who are not. That f'n statue is scary.