Quantcast

@<@ Staturderp@>@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
WTF am I doing up at 0500? must be backing bread and drinking espresso. Last two hi def wireless cameras arrived last night. going to the barn today to install then in the horse trailer. I'm replacing the old two camera analog system (one camera on the back of the camper on inside the horse trailer looking at the horse with a 3 camera digital system. the 3rd camera will go on the back end of the horse trailer facic traffic. Should eliminate blind spots for lane changes and make backing easier. All cameras have mil spec night vision.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Rainy day, do more than likely the wife and I will be organizing the garage and maybe going to get some plants. Big day, I know.

Bow is all fixed up, got a few things on order to finish the build and then it'll be getting it all dialed in for the season opener on the 17th.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
poured rain here all night, rides are a NO GO today.
up around 4:30 again, I guess I'll make some pancakes.
cancer fund raiser later, thankfully it's cool out as I have to wear pants.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey got hammered last night, to the point that Haley commented. Good dinner, but it was basically just meat and salad, which isn't really helpful when someone has the tolerance of a 12y/o. She's still properly asleep, but I have to get everyone up for swim and to drop off Wifey's car to get the windshield replaced in about 15min.

Lots of rain yesterday afternoon and evening, which is always needed. Today consists of errands - Costco, HD, Safeway - and basic housework. Tomorrow we go karting, as Wifey has a spa day, all day long.

Was mind boggled at dinner when Wifey's colleague, 34 with two under 4y/o kids said that he doesn't have life insurance, intentionally. He refuses to pay for anything he doesn't have to and considers it a scam. We talked for 30min+ about it and said that the $35-45/m that he'd pay would be much better used investing in property, which they can sell if he dies. But his wife has over $500k through her work. He said he say no imbalance there and it was not a concern. He also said that he doesn't even put enough money into his 401k to get his match, since it's locked up and can't use it. And only has home owners insurance for $300k on his now $650k house in Denver proper. I went through the math and calculated how much it would cost him if the house burned down, or even if there was a $25k claim (~50%), since his coverage is so low. Zero fuck's given. He's also talking about leveraging 80% of his home to build another home in Salida. I was running live math for him and complete disregard for the realities of the numbers. I just don't understand that process.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wifey got hammered last night, to the point that Haley commented. Good dinner, but it was basically just meat and salad, which isn't really helpful when someone has the tolerance of a 12y/o. She's still properly asleep, but I have to get everyone up for swim and to drop off Wifey's car to get the windshield replaced in about 15min.

Lots of rain yesterday afternoon and evening, which is always needed. Today consists of errands - Costco, HD, Safeway - and basic housework. Tomorrow we go karting, as Wifey has a spa day, all day long.

Was mind boggled at dinner when Wifey's colleague, 34 with two under 4y/o kids said that he doesn't have life insurance, intentionally. He refuses to pay for anything he doesn't have to and considers it a scam. We talked for 30min+ about it and said that the $35-45/m that he'd pay would be much better used investing in property, which they can sell if he dies. But his wife has over $500k through her work. He said he say no imbalance there and it was not a concern. He also said that he doesn't even put enough money into his 401k to get his match, since it's locked up and can't use it. And only has home owners insurance for $300k on his now $650k house in Denver proper. I went through the math and calculated how much it would cost him if the house burned down, or even if there was a $25k claim (~50%), since his coverage is so low. Zero fuck's given. He's also talking about leveraging 80% of his home to build another home in Salida. I was running live math for him and complete disregard for the realities of the numbers. I just don't understand that process.
American exceptionalism, that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skipped my long bike ride today because I woke up and it was already raining with temps in the 40's. Blah. I did go run 13.1 miles on the high school track though and I wasn't the only moron there.

The old doggo would not finish her breakfast this morning, so I fried her an egg, dropped it into her kibble, and she inhaled the rest. Good dog.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo @gonefirefightin, bow sights, whatchu like? Thinking of swapping out my 5 pin for a 3 pin horizontal. Waffling between Black Gold, Axcel, and Spot Hogg.

Will be primarily using it for whitetail and turkey, with some amount of 3D target sprinkled in. Ordinarily I'd just get a fixed, but I'm wondering if movable is the right choice cause I could always just treat it as a fixed, but it goes against KISS.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Rainy day, do more than likely the wife and I will be organizing the garage and maybe going to get some plants. Big day, I know.

Bow is all fixed up, got a few things on order to finish the build and then it'll be getting it all dialed in for the season opener on the 17th.
Trespassing season starts today here.

most of my list was accomplished yesterday. Got home around midnight, since shoot was in Indy.
Mowing and doing random shit today. Should start corn harvest Monday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Trespassing season starts today here.

most of my list was accomplished yesterday. Got home around midnight, since shoot was in Indy.
Mowing and doing random shit today. Should start corn harvest Monday.
MA is one of those weird states where it's allowed unless someone has a "No Hunting" sign posted.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yo @gonefirefightin, bow sights, whatchu like? Thinking of swapping out my 5 pin for a 3 pin horizontal. Waffling between Black Gold, Axcel, and Spot Hogg.

Will be primarily using it for whitetail and turkey, with some amount of 3D target sprinkled in. Ordinarily I'd just get a fixed, but I'm wondering if movable is the right choice cause I could always just treat it as a fixed, but it goes against KISS.
spot hogg is the only option for me since I am so rough on things. plus you can take it on and off and still hold zero when transporting. get a 5 pin if you want to do 3D or tournaments and you will be able to use the same sight and adjustments when you hunt. The chore is finding a broadhead/field point combo that flies the same. The G5 Montecs are the closest flight pattern to a fieldpoint/target point I have found

91AC42A5-E1E3-4CFC-8D35-4045A6D9A1AE.jpeg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
i was in the middle of nowhere montana...i think near ennis...and saw some guy getting his slideout motorcoach loaded onto a flatbed trailer....guessing engine faileure...

hope you never have that problem...
Nope, The exact reason I searched for a pre emissions coach. I haven't seen or heard of a new coach that hasn't had major issues due to the EGR, DPF and emissions devices.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Time has been made to do some part swaps back to the Nukeproof, so the Yeti can be sold. I'm not going through the process of redoing the Saints, so those will stay, but the rest of my original bike is going back, as is the coil shock (conveniently the same size). Hope to get it listed today or tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You mean the one reusing the part bolted to the sink for a quick swap, that one ? Sure yeah, go ahead reuse it. Especially if you want to crawl back underneath there when water starts pouring out of the cabinet.
i could've reused it, but i didn't. the actual disposal housing was what started leaking. it was the cheapest model available when the prior owner redid the kitchen. it lasted 10 years.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Time has been made to do some part swaps back to the Nukeproof, so the Yeti can be sold. I'm not going through the process of redoing the Saints, so those will stay, but the rest of my original bike is going back, as is the coil shock (conveniently the same size). Hope to get it listed today or tomorrow.
So, not a single ride on it?

#noridemonkey.com

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Been working on this the last two days. I am almost done placing most plants I think. One bed is almost new, the other rebuild as it was filled with roots that suck water out of the rhodi soil. Also moved plants that were to big for the spot. With plants I like variety so there are all kind of large and small plants with all kinds of different kind of leafs.

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Good: Lost hiker asked for help in Colorado. Rescuers told her to ‘hunker down for the night’

Just because you carry a cell phone doesn't mean S&R should put themselves in harms way because you bit off more than you can chew...

I've always asked my loved ones to give me until 12:00 the next day, and I've made that cutoff every time thus far*, no jinx ;)

*TBH there was one time in 1987 when me and a buddy unintentionally overnighted near North Dome in Yosemite after losing the trail, where we may not have made the noon cutoff...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Good: Lost hiker asked for help in Colorado. Rescuers told her to ‘hunker down for the night’

Just because you carry a cell phone doesn't mean S&R should put themselves in harms way because you bit off more than you can chew...

I've always asked my loved ones to give me until 12:00 the next day, and I've made that cutoff every time thus far*, no jinx ;)

*TBH there was one time in 1987 when me and a buddy unintentionally overnighted near North Dome in Yosemite after losing the trail, where we may not have made the noon cutoff...
Been directly involved in SAR for over 27 years and I see nothing wrong with the decision they made especially when the "hiker" walked out independently after them sending back a track to the device for the person to follow.

If there was a possible danger to life or limb it would have been another story