Quantcast

Stay Out of My Neighborhood Bike Thief!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I was cruising through my neighborhood on my lunch hour today when I noticed a guy in pickup with a load of bikes in the back cruising slowly down the street.

When I caught up to him I saw he had a bunch of kid's bikes in the bed. Hummm… I passed him then set up on a side street to watch him for a bit. I observed him stopping in front of houses where some kid left his/her bike in the yard or sidewalk (there are a lot since it is Spring Break here)… he would get out of the truck and go over and check out the bike, look around, then toss it in the back of his truck.

When I saw him take a bike, I pull out and drove to him, parking my truck in front of his. I got out and said, "Are you stealing kid's bikes?" "No," he said getting in his truck in a hurry. "Riiiiight…" I told him. He backed up and turned around and headed the other way. I followed him until he let the subdivision, taking the time to write down his license plate #. I then called the cops who dispatched a patrol unit to my house within 10 minutes of calling them. The officer took my info and said he would run the plate and see what was up.

Hopefully the thieving bastard gets busted!

J

JRB

Wow - that sucks. As much as I hate you, I hope he doesn't steal your bike.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Bwahhhhhhhhhh and RIP's sister who got beat up was in the back.
What happened to Rip's sister??? Did he finally have something to say in a GMT???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
What happened to Rip's sister??? Did he finally have something to say in a GMT???
Like a year or so ago he claimed to have beat up some guys who were picking on his sister or something.

I forget the details.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Like a year or so ago he claimed to have beat up some guys who were picking on his sister or something.

I forget the details.
Ahh - that's not interesting. Nevermind.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Who cares...?

...all I know is maybe I gots me some good bike karma coming my way.

:)
You realize that bike karma and personal everyday karma work hand in hand.

Seeing as how far into the negative personal everyday karama you are I doubt anything good will happen to you.

J

JRB

stosh said:

Seeing as how far into the negative personal everyday karama you are I doubt anything good will happen to you.
hahaha - we should call him Earl.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:

Well at least nothing bad will happen then.

J

JRB

I was just proud to see he lived to post about it. I am also somewhat delighted to see that he has had a little original material that didn't involve a martini glass.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
LordOpie said:
You mean like a Hell's Angel beating someone up for stealing a bike?
Stopping the guy and going with him to the house he just stole a bike from and asking the residents if it's theirs. If he takes off, the truth is there too. Give the cops the plate number.

I had a break in attempt on my car 3 weeks ago, and had I caught them, I would have broken a hand or got beat down trying. Same if someone tried to steal a bike from me.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
Stopping the guy and going with him to the house he just stole a bike from and asking the residents if it's theirs. If he takes off, the truth is there too. Give the cops the plate number.

I had a break in attempt on my car 3 weeks ago, and had I caught them, I would have broken a hand or got beat down trying. Same if someone tried to steal a bike from me.
...this was not on my property, nor did it involve my property.

J

JRB

N8 said:
...this was not on my property, nor did it involve my property.
Way to stand up for the neighbors. Cool you called the cops, but you forfeit any good karma with this comment above. :nonono: I knew it was too good to last.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
LordOpie said:
You mean like how the HA didn't get involved with the child abuse situation?
Maybe they should all get Batman capes too!

This country should take a page from the Angels and look out for their own and FTW. :clue:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
Way to stand up for the neighbors. Cool you called the cops, but you forfeit any good karma with this comment above. :nonono: I knew it was too good to last.
WTF?

I know we hate N8, but... he stopped the guy, questioned the guy, the guy took off, N8 called the cops.

Did you want N8 to chase the guy down in a high speed auto chase in a neighborhood where children obviously live?

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
WTF?

I know we hate N8, but... he stopped the guy, questioned the guy, the guy took off, N8 called the cops.

Did you want N8 to chase the guy down in a high speed auto chase in a neighborhood where children obviously live?
What he did was right, but to say that it was his neighbor's and to blow it off, not cool.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
LordOpie said:
WTF?

No need for a high speed car chase, he couldn't have out run 860_ft/s... but it didn't come to that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
What he did was right, but to say that it was his neighbor's and to blow it off, not cool.
Sorry, but how did he blow it off?

He got involved to the extent that it was reasonable. He did more than most people would've done, certainly more than 99.9% of all republicans.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
Sorry, but how did he blow it off?

He got involved to the extent that it was reasonable. He did more than most people would've done, certainly more than 99.9% of all republicans.
Not my property, blah blah blah, is an indifferent sh*tty thing to say. He just can't keep the high road. That's my point.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
I'm not sure how witnessing a (possible) crime and reporting it to the police qualifies as "blowing it off" :confused:

J

JRB

Echo said:
I'm not sure how witnessing a (possible) crime and reporting it to the police qualifies as "blowing it off" :confused:
See above post. He could have left the "not my property" post out of the thread. Again - he did the right thing. He just can't seem to remain cool for extended periods of time. It's like he has a disease that makes him think he should make people think he is a dillhole.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
Not my property, blah blah blah, is an indifferent sh*tty thing to say. He just can't keep the high road. That's my point.
He was responding to Stinky.

NEW LAW: Anything anyone says to Stinky cannot be held against them, ever.

So let it be said, so let it be written.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
He was responding to Stinky.

NEW LAW: Anything anyone says to Stinky cannot be held against them, ever.

So let it be said, so let it be written.
Fair enough.