Quantcast

Stay Out of My Neighborhood Bike Thief!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
LordOpie said:
He was responding to Stinky.

NEW LAW: Anything anyone says to Stinky cannot be held against them, ever.

So let it be said, so let it be written.
Who was? I thought I was at a good place to duck out. Miracle Grow photo and I''''MMMMMM OOOOUUUUTTTTT!

New law?!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
See above post. He could have left the "not my property" post out of the thread.
Seems to me that's a reasonable thought by someone witnessing a possible crime. An asshat would stick his nose in where it didn't belong and probably get beat down or worse. Sorry man but first of all he doesn't know for sure that the guy was stealing anything. Sure it looks like it, but where would N8 end up if he kicked the dude's ass and it turned out he was picking up donations for the United Way, and those bikes had been left out on purpose? People picking up donations for the United Way are not required to kiss the ass of everyone who questions what they are doing, at least not last time I checked. Leaving it up to the police was the right thing to do.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
loco said:
See above post. He could have left the "not my property" post out of the thread. Again - he did the right thing. He just can't seem to remain cool for extended periods of time. It's like he has a disease that makes him think he should make people think he is a dillhole.

:rolleyes:

Wow, you REALLY do suck.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Seems to me that's a reasonable thought by someone witnessing a possible crime. An asshat would stick his nose in where it didn't belong and probably get beat down or worse. Sorry man but first of all he doesn't know for sure that the guy was stealing anything. Sure it looks like it, but where would N8 end up if he kicked the dude's ass and it turned out he was picking up donations for the United Way, and those bikes had been left out on purpose? People picking up donations for the United Way are not required to kiss the ass of everyone who questions what they are doing, at least not last time I checked. Leaving it up to the police was the right thing to do.

I don't dispute that he did the right thing. I am saying that "it's not my property" was an uncool thing to say. I am glad nothing bad happened. I likely would have just followed to get some pics and called the cops. It was a little more bold than a lot of people to actually confront them. Instead of "not my problem", he should have pointed out the inherent danger he had already exposed himself to.

J

JRB

sirknight6 said:

Wow, you REALLY do suck.
Wow - you REALLY DON'T read explanations do you??? I thought your job would make you pay attention to detail. :think:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sirknight6 said:

Wow, you REALLY do suck.
not cool or fair.

If you read Loco's last explanation, he's saying what N8 did was good and right, just the way N8 made that comment to Stinky was kinda selfish sounding.

And N8 does indeed have a disease of making himself look like a prick, but that's mostly when he's being a talkhead for Bush.

EDIT: Loco beat me to it, so by "last", I mean the one on the previous page.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Let me point out something: the response that 99% of bike thieves who caught in the act is to drop the bike, mumble some excuse, then walk away. This was the case here, and since there was no one in danger, it is impossible to expect N8 to act violently.

It is easy to say, N8 should have run him over, shot him, citizen's arrest, etc. The reality is he did the right thing, by preventing the theft, getting the license plate number, and calling the cops.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I was impressd that the a patrol officer showed up in less than 10 min after calling it in to dispatch.

I'm sure by now the cops have 'interviewed' the guy.

J

JRB

Truth is, N8 didn't do the right thing, because the thief knows who ratted him out. I don't think you have to introduce yourself to testify. If it is a ballsy criminal, he may target N8 next. I too am impressed with that kind of response time.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
LordOpie said:
not cool or fair.

If you read Loco's last explanation, he's saying what N8 did was good and right, just the way N8 made that comment to Stinky was kinda selfish sounding.

And N8 does indeed have a disease of making himself look like a prick, but that's mostly when he's being a talkhead for Bush.

EDIT: Loco beat me to it, so by "last", I mean the one on the previous page.
Well, SOMEONE had to fit "Loco sucks" in there somehow?!?!?!?

:p :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
loco said:
Truth is, N8 didn't do the right thing, because the thief knows who ratted him out. I don't think you have to introduce yourself to testify. If it is a ballsy criminal, he may target N8 next. I too am impressed with that kind of response time.
I bet if N8 is murdered by this bike thief, then N8 will return from the grave on Easter to post the AP News Story here...

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
I bet if N8 is murdered by this bike thief, then N8 will return from the grave on Easter to post the AP News Story here...
hahaha

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
sanjuro said:

I am a well armed metro with a weapons cache in my bunker.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
I am a well armed metro with a weapons cache in my bunker.
then why didn't you backshoot him, you f'in pansy? it is a bike thief, you should have popped a cap in his ass!!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
loco said:
See above post. He could have left the "not my property" post out of the thread. Again - he did the right thing. He just can't seem to remain cool for extended periods of time. It's like he has a disease that makes him think he should make people think he is a dillhole.

Wow, I am so conflicted. To have to agree with N8 or Stinky is truly a Hobson's choice. :)

And the winner is...N8.

Stinky, any fool stupid enough to think they can get rich stealing kids bikes is also stupid enough to die trying. N8 did enough without risking a dangerous confrontation. Most people would have done exactly nothing.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
OGRipper said:
Wow, I am so conflicted. To have to agree with N8 or Stinky is truly a Hobson's choice. :)
As many of you know, I have a heart, and enjoy giving bikes to people who can't afford them.

That enjoyment doesn't stop there! I also like to teach people to read too!

Sample Paragraph:
Stopping the guy and going with him to the house he just stole a bike from and asking the residents if it's theirs. If he takes off, the truth is there too. Give the cops the plate number.

OG, if you need help with any of the words, please don't hesitate or be ashamed to ask for help. I'm here for you!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
As many of you know, I have a heart, and enjoy giving bikes to people who can't afford them.

That enjoyment doesn't stop there! I also like to teach people to read too!

Sample Paragraph:
Stopping the guy and going with him to the house he just stole a bike from and asking the residents if it's theirs. If he takes off, the truth is there too. Give the cops the plate number.

OG, if you need help with any of the words, please don't hesitate or be ashamed to ask for help. I'm here for you!

Yo dork, the dude wasn't going anywhere except back into his truck and outta the hood... :rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
N8 said:
Yo dork, the dude wasn't going anywhere except back into his truck and outta the hood... :rolleyes:
Hey, I wanted out of this thread a long time ago. I'm just trying to leave a party that sucks.

:wonky2:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
LordOpie said:
Sorry, but how did he blow it off?

He got involved to the extent that it was reasonable. He did more than most people would've done, certainly more than 99.9% of all republicans.
I think most people on here enjoy talking out of their @ss saying what they would in the same situation......