Quantcast

STDs are racist

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so the richer someone is, the fewer opportunities for poor judgments they make?

edit: so maybe STDs are classist?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My 20yo WT, slut, step-sister has jungle/latino fever. According to her, contraception is taboo among that crowd. Seeing how she has 2 kids (and no hubby/bf), I have no reason to doubt her.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
So if poverty/education is the driving factor how come Hispanic teenagers are closer to whites in rates of STDs (around 20%) eventhough their poverty rates are similar to blacks (22%)?
plymouth rock didn't land on them

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So if poverty/education is the driving factor how come Hispanic teenagers are closer to whites in rates of STDs (around 20%) eventhough their poverty rates are similar to blacks (22%)?
Poverty rates and race does not mean that those races are geographically distributed the same way. I'd bet that the average black child living in poverty is in a poorer school district than the average poor hispanic child.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Poverty rates and race does not mean that those races are geographically distributed the same way. I'd bet that the average black child living in poverty is in a poorer school district than the average poor hispanic child.
That's cuz the hispanic kid's mom is the maid for the white richers.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i wonder if that's b/c they live closer to jobs? does this then mean that whitey favors hispanics for employment, or that blacks are less ambitious, or something else?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so what's the major factor in a successful school district?
what makes kids want to regularly attend & be involved?

apply the answers & i bet you'd solve more than just high rates of STDs

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i wonder if that's b/c they live closer to jobs? does this then mean that whitey favors hispanics for employment, or that blacks are less ambitious, or something else?
Not too long ago whitey didn't let blacks live or work where they wanted to. Hispanics had the choice to move here or not so they could at least move somewhere they could work.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Not too long ago whitey didn't let blacks live or work where they wanted to. Hispanics had the choice to move here or not so they could at least move somewhere they could work.
i understand & agree there are "established" communities which reflect pre-civil rights act settlements, but in the time since we've seen a surge in hispanic population, not entirely due to childbirth.

but for some reason, hispanics have chosen in much higher numbers to integrate.

are hispanics just more optimistic & less prone to believing stereotypes about themselves?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So an area with a desegregated school system should buck the trend reported? Especially one that had been desegregated in excess of 30 years right?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So an area with a desegregated school system should buck the trend reported? Especially one that had been desegregated in excess of 30 years right?

No, I'm correlating district wealth not current segregation. A wealthy minority school district should buck the trend.

What is your explaination?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm a little curious about this:
Participants in the statistically based survey are chosen on a random basis. The survey contacted 838 women ages 14 to 19 who agreed to be tested for a sexually transmitted infection. Extrapolating from the findings, researchers estimated that 3.2 million teenage women are infected with at least one of the S.T.D.’s
was the research done in a blighted area, or did it also include exurbia? can't find the original report, which i hope has the sampling method used. extrapolating 4+ degrees of magnitude may be overreaching, especially when behavior is in play

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
hispanics have chosen in much higher numbers to integrate.
Seems like a bold claim. Might be true, but I would need to see that backed up or better defined. Certainly by virtue of language barrier, Latin communities have a considerable hurdle to overcome to integration that black communities don't.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Statistics are inherently flawed, they can be skewed and pitched to suit the special interest commisioning the work. I will never put any faith in them. At least 80% of the time I wont.

Maybe Hispanics have a tighter family structure, more faith based teaching (Mostly Catholic?) and are taught personal responsibility?

Dont ask me about root causes...all you ten pound brain guys already fixed all the social ills.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
No, I'm correlating district wealth not current segregation. A wealthy minority school district should buck the trend.

What is your explaination?
I'm too busy thinking of ways to torture stoney to really get into this.

I just think that there is a disconnect in the family structure, moral teaching, motivation or something that is occurring in the black community that is major cause of this problem. To say that the Hispanic community has some leg up in areas of income, education or standing with whitey just doesn't seem to ring true. So instead of focusing on obvious inequities with whites, I'd be looking at what the Hispanics are doing to make some inroads.

Of course those are incredible generalizations but in my gut something is there.

Now back to f'ing with Stoney.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Don't see where you're going with this El-Stinko. Is it the "black women are all slags" angle? If you dismiss the explanation that it's to do with poverty and upbringing what are you left with?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you know me: i'm just shooting ping-pong balls out of my twat

<foop>
catch.

splat

Nam I am
Statistics are inherently flawed, they can be skewed and pitched to suit the special interest commisioning the work. I will never put any faith in them. At least 80% of the time I wont.
I used to work fora statastician , they can make numbers say just about anything they want them to.

Maybe Hispanics have a tighter family structure, more faith based teaching (Mostly Catholic?) and are taught personal responsibility?
I think that is a Major reason right there, you see much more of a Family unit in teh hispanic population.