Quantcast

Ste Anne World Cup

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Oooh, so it is. 6:50pm UK time. I'm supposed to be at a barbecue, might have to re-think that!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
New vid up on MTBCut, completely unwatchable though. Oddly once on littermag they seem to work fine, but litter doesn't have this one up yet :(

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Yep mtbcut says I need to do this thing and the next.
You do it and then it still doesnt work.
As said it works fine on litter...

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i grab the code from the brightcove player for mtbcut vids, so i don't know if that's different than what they use on their site?

day 2 photos up. on a side note, all those rad ruts are covered with plywood/chicken wire now. WEAK!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Flipper-lying down even for karting pics!

Is there a 'sunday fanboy' item I can use for being a flipper fanboy? Like, should I buy a certain tripod and rave about it incessantly? ;)

Thanks litter for posting his AND SVENs pics.

Litter made a funny:
Rando is not sure how his new proto Giant is going to perform this weekend since the finals are not going to be held on a Sunday.

And Anneke is not wearing the EC edition THE lid anymore? such an unimportant detail, but I notice things like this.

Last edited:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Flipper-lying down even for karting pics!

Is there a 'sunday fanboy' item I can use for being a flipper fanboy? Like, should I buy a certain tripod and rave about it incessantly? ;)

Thanks litter for posting his pics.

Litter made a funny:
Rando is not sure how his new proto Giant is going to perform this weekend since the finals are not going to be held on a Sunday.
agreed, sven and gary are DIE-HARD fans!

that caption is awesome. thank the guy who took the photo for that comedy.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
So the finals are advertised on freecaster as being 18:50 UK time. I presume that means the actual racing will be starting at 19:00 yeah? When will it be finished? Trying to plan my evening around it if possible.

warwick

Chimp
Oct 13, 2001
Squamish, BC
No rain this morning! Ground is dry, so it doesnt look like it rained overnight. Calling for thunderstorms today, but currently it looks promising. I should have some interview clips up in an hour or so.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm so excited about watching this race this evening, freecaster rocks. Well, they better do, no **** ups please! ;-) How many cameras we got on course today?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
on a slightly unrelated note, I have decided that cam mccaul is the best interviewer ever after watching that, you can never quite tell when he's making fun of the guy.

"so almost as much as a human head" "yah, well, some people have bigger heads..." "a human head weighs at pounds mark."

awesome, mad props freecaster

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
OK. So Freecaster is officially the coolest thing to happen to downhill racing in a long time. The coverage they're providing is amazing. I would love to watch a coursewalk for every race. Great idea and great work to those involved!

x

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Being too lazy to scroll through all the posts, can anyone tell me if it's usual Sunday racing or is it today in just under 4 hours?

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
All right, need help, stuck at work and all the sites that show the race are blocked, not worth trying to hack in. Please keep the updates going throughout the race... PLEASE!!!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
the freecaster clock currently says 3hr:40mins till start, funny because I leave for whistler in 3hr:40mins. Good thing I got my laptop to sync with my mobile phone for some high speed internet goodness.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Ohhh, one question I did not see asked here, is the 'banned in the USA' crap back on with freecaster? or did you guys get that sorted again for the canadian world cups?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Ohhh, one question I did not see asked here, is the 'banned in the USA' crap back on with freecaster? or did you guys get that sorted again for the canadian world cups?
I did get that earlier this morning when I tired watching the course walk...so I just logged into our Hamburg office and now it's all peachy :happydance:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
When I try to open the freecaster page for the live broadcast I get this "Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /usr/local/apache-2.2.8/sites/freecaster.tv/_g_xml_core.php on line 18"

EDIT: It works now. Weird.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
No crazy lead by anyone, disappointing.

I was about to say "how can it still be going on", but then I remembered that (oddly) the quickest go first in qualifying. Tight at the top eh, and presumably that's how it'll stay wityh all the fast riders having come down already.