Quantcast

Steamboat

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Hey guys, my names Alex and I'm from NC. Im heading out to steamboat to go snowboarding with my family on friday and was wondering if i could get some advice on what to do. I'll be there mainly to go snowboarding, but obviously will have some off mountain time and was wondering what there is to do in the town. Just whatever you guys think is cool, Im game for pretty much whatever.

-Alex

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yo Alex, you will enjoy the boat, it is a good place!

As far as off-mountain things to do....there's a pretty sweet set of hot springs pools just outside of Steamboat. It's called Stawberry Park, everyone knows if it. That's fun....especially at night when swim suits are optional!

Of course there are the bars/nightlife. Not sure if you're 21 or not.

Other than that...I'm outta ideas. Hopefully some other monkeys from that area or have visited there lately will chim in....

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Haha, ya maybe i shoulda mentioned that. Im 16 and am going with my mom and brothers. Thanks for the hot spring info though, Ill have to check that out.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
SylentK said:
Yo Alex, you will enjoy the boat, it is a good place!

As far as off-mountain things to do....there's a pretty sweet set of hot springs pools just outside of Steamboat. It's called Stawberry Park, everyone knows if it. That's fun....especially at night when swim suits are optional!

Of course there are the bars/nightlife. Not sure if you're 21 or not.

Other than that...I'm outta ideas. Hopefully some other monkeys from that area or have visited there lately will chim in....
Oh yeah, the Strawberry Park hotsprings is the real deal. None of this concrete swimming pool stuff, this hotsprings is in the middle of a stream. You gotta check it out!

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Hahaha, you've prob already been here and gone when I spoted this thread. I could have taken ya up and punished you on this mountain enough where you didn't want to do much of anything after skiing :D Hell, you might have even stay'd in the hotel I work in. Bummer thing was the snow was pretty crappy that week. Hope you had fun mang!