Quantcast

Steel cruiser???

P

pyg

Guest
I'm looking for a cruiser. For now my 2 main options are a Mosh Method 3 and a Haro Backtrail 24. How good are these bikes? Any other options???

thanks..
 

B.Diddy

Chimp
Sep 6, 2001
3
0
Boston,MA USA
I've got two Haro's and I love them.(a mirra and a SR1.0 bmx) I sell more of them @ my shop than anything else. They've really gotten their act together for 2K1(sidenote: they always did have great products before, but I think the GT/Schwinn situation helped them out alot, along with having guys like Dave Mirra and Ryan Nyquist all over TV and in video games....but thats another topic) I think that they're the best pre-built BMX/Vert/Street/Dirt Jumping bikes for the money. For a large company, the attention to detail is pretty impressive. The parts packages are right on, and like i said before, you can't beat the price. I beat the crap out of mine and i haven't had any problems. I've never ridden any of the Mosh offerings, so i can't comment on them. hope this helps...
 

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
13,827
0
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by pyg
I'm looking for a cruiser. For now my 2 main options are a Mosh Method 3 and a Haro Backtrail 24. How good are these bikes? Any other options???

thanks..
It depends on what you are using it for. I would leave the Giant alone and go for the Haro if you are fixed on those two. The Haro is a street/dirtjumping cruiser that is over built for abuse. I used to have one but it was too heavy and I bought a S&M cruiser. one of my budddies rides a DK cruiser and he loves it.

I may get one of those instead because of the light weight and strengh all in one....but then again it's only good for racing and dirt jumping. I think you will need to think about primarily what type of riding you do and go from there.....D
 
P

pyg

Guest
Well I also think the Haro is overbuilt for me. I'm looking for a nice steel cruiser not to heavy 'cause I won't jump roofs and stuff (just the park and urban) that's why the mosh seemed nice. I'll look into the DK maybe...

thanks!

Originally posted by BMXman


It depends on what you are using it for. I would leave the Giant alone and go for the Haro if you are fixed on those two. The Haro is a street/dirtjumping cruiser that is over built for abuse. I used to have one but it was too heavy and I bought a S&M cruiser. one of my budddies rides a DK cruiser and he loves it.

I may get one of those instead because of the light weight and strengh all in one....but then again it's only good for racing and dirt jumping. I think you will need to think about primarily what type of riding you do and go from there.....D
 

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
1,428
0
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Originally posted by pyg
I'm looking for a cruiser. For now my 2 main options are a Mosh Method 3 and a Haro Backtrail 24. How good are these bikes? Any other options???

thanks..
I've got a sweet bontrager B-29 steel cruiser...i'm selling it, but whether you want it or not, i'd recommend hte bontrager highly...smooth, with nice handling....if you're interested email me...

lankify@hotmail.com
 

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
13,827
0
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by pyg
Well I also think the Haro is overbuilt for me. I'm looking for a nice steel cruiser not to heavy 'cause I won't jump roofs and stuff (just the park and urban) that's why the mosh seemed nice. I'll look into the DK maybe...

thanks!

Hey as luck would have it, I just came across a brand new white dk cruiser frame...If you are interested let me know and I will post a pic.....D
 

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
1,242
0
Avondale (Phoenix)
I would suggest you also look at Free Agent. They have two new cruisers for 2002 to bring there total to 3. 1 Dirtjumper, a racer, and a pro level racer.
 

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
79
0
Austin, TEXAS
if you want super sick and burly go to Gack BMX and check out the 24" Cannibal. I have been drooling over the thought of one of those for a while now.........
o_d_d