Quantcast

Stella Azzurra

J

JRB

How about if this fork was $190??? As the other post said, I bought the Easton, but I may send it back. Still a little concerned about carbon dropouts, even though the Easton tech guy and the performance tech guy (who actually seemed pretty knowledgeable) said that it was fine. I am mostly worried about roof rack stuff with it.

http://www.eastonbike.com/COMPONENTS/fork.ec90-SL-'05.html

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I'm trying to score an Eastn SLX myself (not the SL like you're trying for). I'm hoping it'll be more absortive (is that a word?) than my Ouzo Pro. I want to get it for my Strong (Foco steel) for longer rides. Plus, w/ the fork Easton, that bike will be completely Easton spec'd :D
The numbers I've been seeing for the SLX is around $225 or so on the low side, and $290 on the high side for a 2005. I think the 2004 is a bit less, since they don't use CNT in that model (I may be wrong on this spec).

Edit: yeah, becareful w/ the droupout mounts type of roof rack. I prefer the ankle biter or the ones that hold the whole bike by the front wheel. I saw a guy bitch about snapping off his SLX at the drops w/ fork clamping type of mount on roadbikereview.com. He had pics on his site...may be worth a look for you. Loco, did you get the straight blade or the curve blade one?

J

JRB

I'm pretty sure it is the curved, but won't know for sure until later today. I saw that guy's post, but with mtbr and roadbikerewiew, it's a 'grain of salt' kind of thing. I have a rear rack that the bike hangs from, so I may just plan to use that. I could borrow a sportworks if I had too. I may not ever need to use the roof rack. It's bad for milage anyway. I'll post pics fo what I get tonight, and my first impressions, as well as, if I decide to keep it.

J

JRB

Well, Pau11y, it's the 04 model with alu dropouts, so I am keeping it. I got a catalog with it in the box, and they are now $199.99. It looks pretty nice, but the gold will look like crap with my bikey. I think I am keeping it though. I was worried about the dropouts, but I think I am in good shape. It has curved legs, and I still plan to post pics later.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Sweet! Have fun w/ it. The Al dropout seems a bit safer than the CF ones. As for the gold decal, naked the fork and the decal will be gone :D
220 grit, 320 ro 330 wet/dry, then some 400 to smooth everything out. Even tho you shouldn't be hitting the carbon, you should still use a mask.