Quantcast

stem and pedal replacement

biobike

Chimp
Nov 2, 2006
I am needing to replace my stem and pedals. As far as the stem is concerned the shorter the better. In pedals I am looking for flats that are super grippy. Pricewise I was hoping to spend $60 a piece. Any suggestions?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
pedals if you want very light vbery grippy pedals welgo mg1 around 44 bux (at jenson usa.com) and 376grams or funn viper pedals 560ish grams 60 bucks and also verrrry grippy. both are the best flats ive ever ridden

and the funn

as for a stem, you lookin for a direct mount? or not

PS on the pedals the welllgo are sealed bearing and for the funn the non sealed are 46 bucks and the sealed are around 67

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Man, Eren is being a bike parts guru. Oh wise Guru Eren, whats the best underware to wear when I race. I'm looking for something in a boxer brief, hopefully no more then $30. I kind of have a black/red color scheme going. No overtones of Orange for me. Is there anything in a button fly? Thanks, all your help will go unappreciated.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
well, go to walk mart and get some sweet half red half black boxxers. just make sure you dont get the ones with the slit in the front, otherwise your dong goes flying around outside the slit when you pedal :)

your welcome

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I agree with eren. I have the wellgo mags and I love them. they are perfect, light, not too expensive, and still don't creak after being on my street bike for a few months (which is a MAJOR accomplishment)

Kyle,

Jun 18, 2004
Kore makes good stuff... if you email the owner he might pro-deal you some stuff...

He lives near SST and last time I talked to him wants to build up his DH/Freeride following...

He gave me a smokin deal on some stuff laying around in his garage...

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Are you talking about Wick? The guy that puts on the Wed night races at SST?
If so I knew he was the rep, but didn't know he had an ownership stake.
Kore makes good stuff... if you email the owner he might pro-deal you some stuff...

He lives near SST and last time I talked to him wants to build up his DH/Freeride following...

He gave me a smokin deal on some stuff laying around in his garage...