Quantcast

Step to take before selling an iPod Touch

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hey,

My 3 year old cell phone has kicked the can, so I'm thinking of drinking the Koolaid and getting an iPhone.

I've already got an iPod Touch, but won't be needing that anymore, so I want to sell it. It's a 16GB 2nd gen.

Any steps to take to "format" it? Will just a "restore" do?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well, I sold it. No thanks to you guys... psh.

It was on Craigslist for all of 2 hrs before I sold it. I should have asked for more...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I hope you downloaded the secure wipe utility off Apple's website and did a triple-pass wipe of it first. There's been a widespread problem of people recovering webpage histories, credit card numbers, passwords for email accounts and webpages, even passwords for the host computer from the secondhand phones. Just deleting everything still leaves the data intact.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I hope you downloaded the secure wipe utility off Apple's website and did a triple-pass wipe of it first. There's been a widespread problem of people recovering webpage histories, credit card numbers, passwords for email accounts and webpages, even passwords for the host computer from the secondhand phones. Just deleting everything still leaves the data intact.
Duh.. .Of course...