Quantcast

Stereotype bingo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife and I went to a party/fund raiser downtown on Saturday and the thought of a good game came to mind.

Out of about 100 or so people, I would say that 98% of Portland stereotypes were represented. It made the people watching even more enjoyable then normal, I must say.

Some of the representatives:
Hipster Bike messenger guy AND girl (complete with cycling shoes and bag)
Motorcycle greaser on chopper
Scooter greaser on Vespa
Way too old to be wearing that guy AND girl
Extreme Tattoo guy AND girl
Extreme piercing guy AND girl
Creepy old guy AND girl
Angry artist who isn't understood
Angry musician who isn't understood
Angry Bulldyke with overly hot life partner
Overly hot lipstick lesbian couple
Festively gay male couple
Dirty Hippie guy AND girl
Not quite cool enough to be here couple (my wife and I)

Much fun was had by all. I love Portland and it's parties like this that keep it interesting.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Sounds like exactly the same crowd that showed up to a DC Rollergirls fundraiser I went to last year.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Where's the 30ish, middle class democrat, apple laptop owning, Prius driving couple?

edit: Sorry, they are at the Darfur fundraiser, not roller derby. My bad.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am surprised there were no Metro-sexual with shiny & pointy shoes & shiny watch wear-ers.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Was it a young girl with the creepy old guy? Or an old creepy guy with old creepy woman?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Where's the 30ish, middle class democrat, apple laptop owning, Prius driving couple?

edit: Sorry, they are at the Darfur fundraiser, not roller derby. My bad.
Yes they were there as well.

Also:
Guy wearing red leather pants
Couple wearing matching faux-leopard fur pimp coats
Old Guy on disco skates that is unusually good
Metro-Sexual stocking cap with $400 shoes guy (took off the cap to expose the frosted tips later in the evening)

Don't even get me started on the mid-drift shirts that shouldn't crowd.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
At the grocery store near my house the predominant steriotypical couple is the sunburnt dude wearing at least 2 pieces of camoflage clothing with a 300lb woman buying 20 boxes of frozen pizza and 3 liter bottles of diet coke.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know what was funnier, the angry artist in the corner by himself who seemed to be mumbling, or the fixie hipster clicking around in cycling shoes with his bag over his shoulder.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that it was a costume party that I failed to dress for.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Heh. Sounds like you've got nearly the same stereotypical groups that we've got in good 'ol Ithaca NY. We have a lot of 50ish college professors and their SOs (usually anothe 50ish professor), but not really any of the motorcycle greasers w/ a chopper, or the Vespa chicks. We're heavy on the dirty hippies, and the Prius driving- Apple laptop toting- frappuchino drinking- 30 somthing hipsters.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'll have to take some crowd pictures at the roller derby game I'm shooting this weekend. It is for sure an interesting crowd!
That's hawt.

March 22nd is the first bout this season. The Heathers finished 2nd last year and they are pissed about it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
That's hawt.

March 22nd is the first bout this season. The Heathers finished 2nd last year and they are pissed about it.

This is the first OSDA (Old School Derby Association) and first Co-Ed bout in Virginia. should be pretty sweet. My wife is on the team. Derby girls are hoooooooooooootttttt!!!!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is the first OSDA (Old School Derby Association) and first Co-Ed bout in Virginia. should be pretty sweet. My wife is on the team. Derby girls are hoooooooooooootttttt!!!!
I don't know about Co-Ed, but the Rose City Rollers are pretty cool. A chick friend of mine from the Navy joined 2 years ago (she also talked my wife into the Stripper 101 classes, awesome!). Some of the chicks are for sure hotness.