Quantcast

Steve Peat: The KING has finally been crowned.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
What a wonderful day - Yeah Peaty!!! Finally the jersey is yours and i hope i will see you next year wearing this jersey on the WC again

By the way: The MAN does not need any aero shi?, or a short travel bike with a Boxxer up front or a dh bike with single crown fork, just his trusty steed with a semi slick tire.....

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I finally got Internet access and managed to watch the top ten guys.
Oh my god. That was some of the best racing I have witnessed.
Such an awesome thing for Steve.

andy_n

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
Hopefully this works.

It was an awesome result, I so bad wanted one of the two in this picture to be the winner

I have no voice today from yelling so hard.

The Chicks were soooo fast too, Made me wonder just how slow I would be down the course. haha

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LoL - I am aware of that BUT:

1) It's beer.
B. It's Newcastle.

I doubt if someone were to hand him one, he'd say "No".

:D

Last edited:

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooooo stoked! I prolly looked a bit stupid - running all over my house in my boxer shorts, screaming and jumping - when he won. But even that doesn't describe how happy I am.
He totally deserved this title. Peat The King!!
there were many boxxer wearing fans out there at that moment!!! u were not alone! hahahaha...

Peat... well n truly deserved. u were hungriest (is there such a word?)!!!

creddy

Chimp
Sep 2, 2009
Fresno, CA
Doesn't he have his own brewsky? There's a 2 second section in Between the Tape where he's holding a bottle with his name on it.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Awesome vid. That´s real life cough on tape. So stoked for Peaty!

The Parkin bros make the gratest videos. Will all this Wc and Wch material be edited into a dvd? It would be the best race vid ever.

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
Awesome vid. That´s real life cough on tape. So stoked for Peaty!

The Parkin bros make the gratest videos. Will all this Wc and Wch material be edited into a dvd? It would be the best race vid ever.
Yeh, we'd love to get it out on cover-mount DVD on Dirt, I'll see what we can do.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
0.05sec translates to 80cm! just over a wheel length. Talk about a photo finish! Peaty, what a hero!
Thanks for that - I was guessing (not calculating) that it was somewhere in the region of a wheel length. Pretty frickin' close, no doubt!!! There was one corner up top I remember Greg getting a little loose on and that was likely the difference. He did make up just over two seconds in the lower section, though. He was down 2.22 or something like that at the last split. What a race!!!!!!!!

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Doesn't he have his own brewsky? There's a 2 second section in Between the Tape where he's holding a bottle with his name on it.
Theres a Whiskey Distillery near fort william that blend whiskey for you and put your name on the label, i assume that was one he got made up.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I haven't been so excited about anything sports related since I was in college. My girlfriend and I were screaming at the computer during the race and both choked up watching the race and post-race interviews. What a fantastic story. Hope to see Peaty racing in years to come his well-deserved stripes prominently displayed on his jersey...

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Peaty you LEGEND!

Congrats :thumb:

Iron will determination and perseverance pays off and no one has shown that's what it takes more!

LEGEND............

Also one for the ole-school, and on a real bike a DH bike not some 6incher!

Ya da man!

Peaty will give up beer before racing!!

The rainbows will be there next year and I'm betting if he dosen't do the double this year, he'll be back for another crack at the overall title for the World Cup as well just one more time!

There's still plenty of fire there:thumb:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm curious to see if he retires or not. After all he is still damn competitive.
-edit- this was the best worlds in recent memory, the two most deserving riders took the crown in both respective disciplines, Graves in 4x, and now Peaty in DH, the monkey is officially off the back.
Not retiring. I asked him very specifically and he said no way, he is racing next year in this jersey.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Not retiring. I asked him very specifically and he said no way, he is racing next year in this jersey.
no way he'd win worlds and not do a victory lap. He has 3 international wins this year which is amazing for anyone. only reason to retire would be to move on to something new after so many years traveling and racing.

Bert

Chimp
Jan 17, 2002
Cincinnati
"Happy" isn't even the right word. Satisfied, just, and proper all come to mind. Would've been a right shame had the old man retired without ever winning the big one, and I can now finally watch a race without wishing he would get his due. The world of sport of fair after all, and I am just so f*cking stoked for him I can't even believe it. Don't even know him, but it would've been eternally unsatisfying had he never won. Good on ya Steve!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
SOOOOOOOOOO excited to see Peaty become a 2x world champion at MSA next year. Yes Lee, I will be right by the truck again taking pics. :D

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland

yes, why would he retire...... you hear it so many times in sports... oh they should retire at the top of their game, what a load of ****e.

He is having a great time travels the world, has a laugh,
He has many wins to come. He is hugely marketable, in the sense that he is perfect for a brand but also riders of all ages can really identify with him. He has a load more money to earn!

Many great athletes retire way too early only to regret it,

Steve dont ****ing retire!

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Peat is been a big influence since the early days, watching him go nuts on the LTS and after on the DHI in the sprung video series.

He earned his stripes

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
It was quite possibly the best day ever for DH MTB racing. I'll admit to having a tear in my eye at the time.

It seemed like the whole (DH MTB) world simply willed it to happen and that helped propel the big man down the course faster. When THAT much good will and vibes are being sent, it cant help but help.

Mick Hannah's comments post race were so gracious and true.

No one deserved or earned it more. Finally the big man has achieved all his goals. I bet he is still smiling.