Quantcast
According to Wikipedia:

Steven’s Pass Ski area = 1.76 square miles (lift serviced)

Male Wolverine’s territory = 240 square miles “Adult wolverines try for the most part to keep non-overlapping ranges with adults of the same sex”
Female Wolverine’s territory = 50-100 square miles (overlapping with male’s territory).

(4.2 Wolverines/240 miles^2) * 1.76 miles^2 = 0.031 Wolverines

My heart goes out to the 0.031 Wolverines that were displaced by the ski area. Especially the uber rare tropical Wolverines that prefer the warmer climes of Steven’s Pass in the summer, when the bike park will be used. :think:

flyboy

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I deal with groups like the Sierra Club in my 9-5, and I can't believe now in my 5-9. I know the main character for the Sierra Club and it's a joke. Oppose just to oppose - just because anything but a 90 story skyscaper that packs us in the urban core is bad.

They have no clue.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
“The short-term effect of these appeals is that any construction has to be stopped, and can’t continue this summer,” Wetterberg said.

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
It is not a done deal yet. These appeals get reviewed by a comittee in Portland and they will come to a final decision middle to end of July. The last hurdle will be if someone files a lawsuit?

I still have a plan to start construction as soon as we can once given approval.

Joel

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
Sorry I have not posted in a while. Had to focus and get this finished. It is offical and here is the post that went out this AM.

After 5 years of planning, environmental review, and federal permitting process, we are excited to announce that the Stevens Pass Bike Park has gained final approval to begin construction.Given the time of the year and proximity of the coming winter, we will use the coming months to plan final construction details.

Joel

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
So good to hear! Nice job Stevens! Can't imagine all the hard work you guys have done over the past 5 years.

Ryan

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Hey Sierra Club...
SUCK IT
Even as a mountain biker I thought they still raised some valid points during the impact reports. Someone's got to protect the forests that we love to ride our bikes through.. Sure, the organization may conflict with the mountain bike community's intentions at times, but I think it would be in our best interests to try and come to good terms with them. Especially if more projects such as this wish to get done.

Ryan

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Even as a mountain biker I thought they still raised some valid points during the impact reports. Someone's got to protect the forests that we love to ride our bikes through.. Sure, the organization may conflict with the mountain bike community's intentions at times, but I think it would be in our best interests to try and come to good terms with them. Especially if more projects such as this wish to get done.

Ryan
Very good point. All the same - SUCK IT, SIERRA CLUB!!!:weee:

Props to all @ Stevens Pass that have obviously poured a lot of time and effort into it up to this point. Keep it up!!!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!
I suddenly hate the Sierra club less since they didn't actually stop this from happening.
Great job, and thank you to all who worked on this!
So... PNW just got a whole lot more rad:
A. Stevens Pass
B. Timberline
C. Maaaaybe Crystal???

oftpiste

Chimp
Oct 20, 2009
Crustal lift-served is on their radar according to the proverbial horse's mouth, but it'll be a while.