Quantcast

Stevens Pass Snow DH Race

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
Hello Everyone,

After a closer examination of our visit forecast for the month of January, we have made the decision to postpone the mountain bike race, rescheduling the date for Feb 10, 2008. We have rescheduled in order to move the bike race to a weekend where we are expecting lower resort visitation. The bike race is a popular event but does add pressure on a number of on and off mountain departments; with this in mind we have chosen a date with lower expected visitation in order to minimize the impact of this event.

Thanks for your patience, feel free to email me with any questions that arise.

++Chris Rudolph
Marketing Manager - Stevens Pass
Summit, US Hwy 2
Skykomish, WA 98288
206.812.7378 Office
435.640.2393 Cell
crudolph@stevenspass.com

Stevens Pass proudly operates on 100% Pacific Northwest generated wind power.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
blah...I like the January date better, its the just before the time when I "Cant get hurt".

Oh well, I hope to make it out this year, assuming I get a softy bike soon!

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
The race was a ton of fun the last couple years. Great opportunity to get on the bike during the winter months. Let's see if we can get a better turnout than last year and get some more runs.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
So your saying that the wind we use is 100% Pacific Northwest? What happends when the "Pineapple EXpress" comes through, does it avoid Stevens Pass?

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
haha well after my spill from the huge hole in the landing of that last jump at the end i dont think ill be going this year.
but i will probably come up to ski and watch.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
haha yea that was me. but i dont think i was the only one to fall on that jump. didnt one guy hurt his spine or something?
The first two runs were good though...

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Yeah, I thought some kid broke his arm or something. At least I saw a guy cradling his arm and talking to the medics as I was scooping myself up from that same hole.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
thats cool. ive laughed at you when you totaled your car, didnt get your sx trail like you said you would 3 months ago, cant drive yourself anywhere to bike. . . . . . . no offense:busted:
ouch.
:-/

haha.
Well its cool, I'll get a car eventually, I atleast have the van on the weekends. And I dig riding the hardtail this time of the year, street is a blast. I'll get the SX later I suppose...not like it would have seen much use next month when crew starts anyhow...(3 hours a day 6 days a week, ski bus on saturdays, and work till May)

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
ouch.
:-/

haha.
Well its cool, I'll get a car eventually, I atleast have the van on the weekends. And I dig riding the hardtail this time of the year, street is a blast. I'll get the SX later I suppose...not like it would have seen much use next month when crew starts anyhow...(3 hours a day 6 days a week, ski bus on saturdays, and work till May)
yea, the shop im getting hired at has the 08 sx trail, the nice orange one. looks ick, and feels pretty rad as well, took it for a wee spin

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
yea, the shop im getting hired at has the 08 sx trail, the nice orange one. looks ick, and feels pretty rad as well, took it for a wee spin
Yeah thats the one I want, SX trail II '08.

At this rate I may end up with an '09 SX...haha.