Quantcast

Stevens Pass winter DH ??

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
yeah just hope it's not as cold and frozen as last time. i crashed literally every run getting all messed up in other tires frozen ruts.

i remember someone handed me a red bull at the top, but when i tried to drink it i realized i had lost all feeling in my face and so it went all over...and then it instantly froze. yeah, true story. i heard it was 13 degrees at the top with the wind.

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Uhhh...
As I remember last year they gave away a whole box of shirts and crap at awards. One of my buddies got a helmet, and another got a brand new Kona Cowan frame that Das Rad House donated.
Thats on top of trophies for top finishers.

Edit: Did pro men get cash too?

......that is true! For winning the the Mens Am 21+, I got a Dakine heli pack, trophy, and a Das Rad Haus tee. But what I meant...., it would be cool to have some event swag...(ie- 2005 Stevens Pass Two Wheeled Warriors of Winter) ...that is what the trophy said. It was lots of fun, but I might duck out this year. Hopefully they will allow more times between heats. You could not waste anytime down below last year, or else you missed your heat.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I cant wait for the race, regardless of how cold it gets!

Im prepared to bring my skiing camelback though so i can have a facemask, extra gloves, ect. but Im not sure...does anyone know if it is a good/bad idea to bring a backpack for the race? I figure if I fall on my back it will pad me :-D

Im anxious for the race though...my first race ever :-D.
In hopefully a long run of future succesfull races.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
that doesn't count! bicycle is called a bicycle because it has 2 wheels... unless you count those rollers in the back, then I guess those have 4...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
so has anyone figured out were on brooks we race?

like I figure we start at the jump park, since they can close that off to skiers and snowboarders...but do we go left or right when the park splits?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
sick man.

you should try your hardest to put me in, so I can show all my friends your video :-D

*The bighit with the red atomlab bars...i doubt anyone else will have them*

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Well this sucks. After like 5weeks of anticipation and preporation, it now turns out I cant go. Last minute Hockey trip that is going to extend from the 5th-8th means I cant race. I will be over in Idaho on the 7th. Poop.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well this sucks. After like 5weeks of anticipation and preporation, it now turns out I cant go. Last minute Hockey trip that is going to extend from the 5th-8th means I cant race. I will be over in Idaho on the 7th. Poop.
dude that sucks.
but atleast your going to be doing hockey, so if you feel the need...kick some random dudes butt.

:-D

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Slight spam, but I have a pair of almost new Kujos 2.65 and 2.6 Specialized rollers that I'll let go for pretty cheap if anyone needs a large volume tire.

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
sounds like a lot more people are going this year its going to be interesting.. hopefully it wont be crazyness!

Jun 18, 2004
Hey if you had the choice would you run an air fork/air shock or coil/coil shock?

I've heard that changing temps can via changing oil viscosities lead to fork/shock damage...

what do you think? if I could figure out how to start a survey on here I would do it for this topic...

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Hey if you had the choice would you run an air fork/air shock or coil/coil shock?

I've heard that changing temps can via changing oil viscosities lead to fork/shock damage...

what do you think? if I could figure out how to start a survey on here I would do it for this topic...
If I had unlimited choices, I would run a air fork with a coil shock. There is more oil volume in a fork, so more chance for something to happen. Also, a forks damping is more dependent on the oil than a shock is. If you do run a oil/coil fork, make sure you put the lighest weight oil you can in. If you do run air, the ride might feel weird until you add/subtract psi, because of altitude/temperature changes.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle

I'm willing to bet you won't feel a thing. I ride in the temps hugging freezing often and don't notice a change on any of my coil/oil gear.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
i know the temps def. affected my brakes last year. they didn't work worth a damn. the oil stopped flowing or something. back back home to warmer temps and it was like nothing had happened.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Postponed!!!!!
Just got an email from Stevens, the race is postponed indefinitely because of the incoming storm.

Howdy,

Sorry, but the bike race is postponed due to the huge amount of snow we have on the way...

We will reschedule and post the new date on the web...

Matt Gormley
Stevens Pass Youth Marketing and Events Manager

That sucks balls

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
yeah, I got the email too.

that sucks I was looking forward to the race.
well atleast Ill have time to get my sponsor stuff for my bike...