Quantcast

Stevens winter Dh feb 18

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
So, can someone please tell me...

Do we get practice runs? If so, I'm wondering when. Registration is until 10, and meeting on top of the lift at 11 AM. Thanks!

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
So, can someone please tell me...

Do we get practice runs? If so, I'm wondering when. Registration is until 10, and meeting on top of the lift at 11 AM. Thanks!
ya i noticed that to. 11-12 theres nothing going on. 1hr of practice?!?! if that's what our practice is that sucks mucho grande balls

Jan 17, 2007
ya well think about it. the meeting might be 15-25mins long. first practice run probably 10 mins then the brooks lift is hella slow so you will be lucky to get 3 runs in which might be enough. does anyone know how there getting the bikes on the lift or which classes are racing first?

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
you dont need more than a couple practive runs...

getting the bike on the lift is soooo sketchy...lol you have to kind of hold it overyour side with your pedal on the railing thing...kindof hard at first

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
well... registration starts at 8:30... lifts at 9... So I'm guessing we have all that time to practice...

Getting on the lifts shouldn't be that bad. Race should be fun. It'll be wet for sure. Who else is racing pro?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I hurt... Not happy with my fall that put me ot of the finals... Oh well, that's racing.

It was rad though! Got my drift on for sure! inside lines on those turns were so sick!! Now if it only werent for the random holes in the ground that took me, and several other people out, it would have been much better. Oh well, I'm looking forward to next year!!!

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
Well i was a bit sick before the race, but I still raced anyways. And of course I got even more sick. So I have the flu now. Got 4th with no brakes and no chain. Well my shifter broke and so my drivetrain was screwed up. So pretty much I was chainless.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
becuz no one else went with him, steven why didnt you go? i would except in in england, looking at some schools and houses.

did my bike/spectrum stuff get here?

Eren
spectrum stuff is here, spell my name right, and i didn't go because I hurt my knee at a race the day b4 and could barely walk

Jan 17, 2007
ya got back from 6 hours of chest xrays and ct scans. fractured shoulder blade. 4 weeks no bike.but im going to do so anaways in less than 3. while in the aid room at stevens i heard some kid got a spinal inury.godamm this sucks.

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
dude ryan, don't ride too hard though. Listen to what the doc says. Take it easy. Yeh i heard that this one kid screwed up his neck or something. Oh yeh we put your name in the raffle box so hopefully Chris will give you the stuff he chose for ya.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
It looked GNARLY up there on Sunday. As you guys were driving up to the pass I was headed back over from the eastside, went to visit the fam this weekend in Chelan and was headed over Stevens at about 9:30. Saw a few cars with bikes on the back, wish I could have been there, but at the same time with the wind blowing and that hard as hell snow, I dunno...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
How big was the course, compaired to say, a-line or sst? I know its differnt on snow but what was it like. Just wondering if I could ride it or not.

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
The course was pretty sick. They had I think 2? huge dished out berms about 4 or 5 along the way and a lot of corners. The course is definetly shorter than a-line but the jumps are pretty jumps are pretty much like a-lines tables. I think the course took about a minute or less to ride down? But on the lift back up......really cold and long. Also, there was a hole forming where the guys were landing after the 3rd jump. And i heard a lot of people lost speed or went over their bars. I of course went over my bars and got the wind knocked out of me.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
ya the chair sucked. it was a fun course the turn that went into the 2nd last straight that had the 2 little step downs the turn was so sick. the chair sucked mucho grande balls in this it was fun though