Quantcast

StevensPass Freeze Ride Downhill Race

Aug 11, 2005
80
0
Wenatchee, WA
now that I am in a week ago, maybe I can change the attitudes of today!?

what kinda info would be helpfull, I see if I can dig it up, I have a bunch of friends that are helping put it on.
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,524
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
frideswag.com said:
now that I am in a week ago, maybe I can change the attitudes of today!?

what kinda info would be helpfull, I see if I can dig it up, I have a bunch of friends that are helping put it on.
Time
Course Info
Entry Fee
Prize Money
Registration
Late Fee

Just a few details:rolleyes:
 
Aug 11, 2005
80
0
Wenatchee, WA
see what I can do. I am sure of it that entry is just the price of the lift ticket and it will be $30. 1st place in each catagory is like $100 or so. Big snow burms, and tables, with a couple gaps. I will try to get more info.
 

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
763
0
Bellingham
how to bike race? get on your bike and go really fast while screaming free tacos as loud as you can.. I thought everyone knew that.
 
Aug 11, 2005
80
0
Wenatchee, WA
Show up, bring a bike, dress warm, bring $30, bring a helmut. By buying the lift ticket, insurance is covered by the mountain. When you buy the ticket, they will ask what class you are wanting to compete in. It sounds super unorganized, and the dude putting it on just wants an excuss to get a bunch of people the chair lift up so they can have fun. It isn't part of any circut, just a fun day in the snow. I tried talking to the dude up there, but he hasn't returned my phone call, so I left him an email saying to put more details on the site. So as of now, this is what I know. Keep checkin' Stevens pass website. Really, just sounds like an unofficial excuss to get drunk and ride in the snow.
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,524
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
frideswag.com said:
Show up, bring a bike, dress warm, bring $30, bring a helmut. By buying the lift ticket, insurance is covered by the mountain. When you buy the ticket, they will ask what class you are wanting to compete in. It sounds super unorganized, and the dude putting it on just wants an excuss to get a bunch of people the chair lift up so they can have fun. It isn't part of any circut, just a fun day in the snow. I tried talking to the dude up there, but he hasn't returned my phone call, so I left him an email saying to put more details on the site. So as of now, this is what I know. Keep checkin' Stevens pass website. Really, just sounds like an unofficial excuss to get drunk and ride in the snow.
Uh, thanks but no thanks. I'll save my $$ and my bones for full day on the slopes with my misery sticks.
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
frideswag.com said:
Show up, bring a bike, dress warm, bring $30, bring a helmut. By buying the lift ticket, insurance is covered by the mountain. When you buy the ticket, they will ask what class you are wanting to compete in. It sounds super unorganized, and the dude putting it on just wants an excuss to get a bunch of people the chair lift up so they can have fun. It isn't part of any circut, just a fun day in the snow. I tried talking to the dude up there, but he hasn't returned my phone call, so I left him an email saying to put more details on the site. So as of now, this is what I know. Keep checkin' Stevens pass website. Really, just sounds like an unofficial excuss to get drunk and ride in the snow.
Who did you talk to? Ethan knows most of the guys up there since he worked there for a couple years.
 

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
165
0
Renton, WA
trailhacker said:
So $30 plus lift ticket? Or does $30 include lift ticket?
If it includes ticket is it good for the rest of the day so you could stash your bike then go ski/board?



The $30 bucks is the cost of a Beginner lift ticket for Daisy and Brooks chair. We would be riding Brooks Chair lift for the race. So, it wouldn't suprise me if that's all it would cost is $30. Since it's so organized and all. But If they are just making an excuse to ride bikes for a day, we should all jump at the chance. It'll be a blast! You can always upgrade your ticket to an all mt. ticket and ski the rest of the day if it's not so good.
 

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
633
0
PNW
Beav and S Weasle are wanting to go up. I have to stay at the shop so someone (the lady that is not supposed to be riding hint hint) needs to take a lot of pictures. One of the pictures we run in our advertising regularly is of Beav flattracking through a turn from the snow race at Stevens in 2001.
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Lumberjack said:
Beav and S Weasle are wanting to go up. I have to stay at the shop so someone (the lady that is not supposed to be riding hint hint) needs to take a lot of pictures. One of the pictures we run in our advertising regularly is of Beav flattracking through a turn from the snow race at Stevens in 2001.
Yes, I will be getting some pictures! I will be riding....my skis!
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Snacks said:
Depends on my wing. I would rather ski, but I don't know how! I'm not sure which would be worse to crash on:dead:
Hmm. Have you done either? I've never tried boarding so I wouldn't know which is worse. That's why you don't crash! :blah: Just kidding!
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Snacks said:
Depends on my wing. I would rather ski, but I don't know how! I'm not sure which would be worse to crash on:dead:
Start a poll and see what's worse for that.
 

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
92
0
Hood River, Oregon
....so here is what I have found out from Matt @ Stevens (after 2 weeks of calling)...... The Race admission with a Brooks only ticket is $30.00. The format I was told was going to be a Dual Slalom Downhill with winners/losers bracket. 5 divisions (womens,Open Pro,21+,16-20,15 under. Register from 8-9:30 @ Scoops in the Pacific Crest Lodge. Practice til 11am. Heats start after 11am. Helmets required. Saturday Dec 17th. Think I'm gonna make the trip from Hood River with some of the other GFRA members. Hope it is worth it?! Mike
 

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
165
0
Renton, WA
Fast&Smooth said:
you guys can ski anytime. so wtf. it's a chance to put your bike on a ski lift in washington. snow or no snow, go.
Except for my speedy beaver. We have to give our little one the feeling of skiing. Jr's already been mt. biking. Plus she has to take pictures for.....Scott.
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Fast&Smooth said:
you guys can ski anytime. so wtf. it's a chance to put your bike on a ski lift in washington. snow or no snow, go.
Come on now! Pregnant women are an exception! :rolleyes: If wasn't I would totally do it!
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Mut said:
Except for my speedy beaver. We have to give our little one the feeling of skiing. Jr's already been mt. biking. Plus she has to take pictures for.....Scott.
You say it like we are having a BOY! You just wait! :love:
 

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
633
0
PNW
Please take some new pics. Everyone is getting tired of pics of levi in his old neon colored gear. Even the val-pak people wanted to know how old that pic was. I told them the fashion police won't even talk to Levi.
 

Burrito 03

Chimp
Nov 21, 2003
28
0
Marysville, Washington
Sounds like too much fun to pass up. Anybody have any ideas on what they are going to use for tires? Should I throw some screws in an old set? Been meaning to ask you Scott but I have been really busy at work.
 

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
1,129
0
Helena, MT
Burrito 03 said:
Sounds like too much fun to pass up. Anybody have any ideas on what they are going to use for tires? Should I throw some screws in an old set? Been meaning to ask you Scott but I have been really busy at work.
I'm just running harder duro (60A Maxxis) 2.4" tires here in Pullman in the snow at like 8 psi - just enough to hold the bead tight - and they work awesome. They hook up great, even on the really hard/icy stuff.

I think that cambriabike.com has some crazy 2.2" mud tires for like $6 a piece, maybe those will work, too.

Good tread + low psi = fun in the snow.