Quantcast

Stewie Griffin: the Untold Joke

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I watched it over the weekend. It was funny, in some parts, but I ended up watching the clock for the last half hour while it dribbled on into a stretched out episode about Stewie and his future family. I think Fox is trying to eek everything they can get out of the series while the creators are struggling to come up with anything creative and funny. I submit that the show is on its last breaths. Comparatively, the Simpsons are their 17th (??) season and still no movie until the series is over.

Who else has seen it, and what did you think?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I thought the movie was excellent, just like the beginning of the series, which I loved. They had awesome flashbacks (unlike the new ones which drag on forever) and had some really creative, hysterical scenes!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I watched most of it. Got distracted near the end. Had to return the vid to not get late fee, but its on my Netflix list for a future rental... that is when its not on the "Very Long Wait" list.

From what i saw it was good, but yea, FG doesnt compare to the Simpsons for me.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I highly enjoyed it. It was much more reminiscent of the first 3 seasons. The movie was actually started when they were cancelled, hence, the new seasons of Family Guy are written LONG after the movie was finished. I think the current show needs to follow in the movie's and first 3 seasons' formula.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Dunno, maybe I set my expectations too high. I'll try watching it again and see if I like it any more; I was pretty distracted while I was watching it, there's a chance I missed some good stuff. Drunk Stewie was one of the funnier things I've seen in a long time.

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
Sh@t my pants I did. Didn't even get a chance to "fire off some knuckle children," I was laughing so much. No, but seriously . . . it was worth wasting a pair of underwear for comedy that good.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Man......I check out several TV/movie related message boards throughout the week, and there's so many of these Love/Hate Family Guy/Simpsons threads. Everyone of them is the same thing: "...The first three seasons were great, but lately they've gone downhill"---or my personal favorite, "they've jumped the shark".

Look......it's a cartoon. I can't stress that enough. The reason you're now jaded to the jokes is that you're used to the style in which they deliver them.....the "Simpsons" have been delivering this format for over a decade. The only boundries you have left to push is the level of censorship they will allow.......just accept it for what it is, and you'll enjoy it more. If you're on pins and needles every Sunday expecting Family Guy to make you split your sides, then you're setting yourself up for a letdown.......you already know the manner in which the jokes are going to come, so don't whine about how it's not making you laugh out loud anymore. I don't go to a haunted house every Halloween NOT expecting someone to jump out and say "Boo!" I know they are going to do that, but I try and put it out of my mind so I can still enjoy it year after year.

Don't put Family Guy up on such a high pedestal........it's low-brow humour with biting social witicisms. Take a toke and enjoy it for what it is. It hasn't jumped the shark, the jokes aren't lame.....you're just used to them.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I finally just watched it. My bro got it for me for my birthday. My wife depises family guy. She hits me when I do my (very convincing) Peter laugh. So I finally just watched on the ol' computer....

It was pretty funny.