Quantcast

### Stick a fork in me GMT###

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Found out I get a pay increase (3%) and a bonus (6.6%) this year. That was welcome news to receive, as our company got hit pretty hard during the initial pandemic lock downs.

Mouse #28, #29, and #30 caught in the last day. #29 was unique, it was our first field mouse. It was also unique in that it has a vertical leap over 18", as it somehow managed to leap out of the glass fish tank. I sure hope it scopes the landing first, as the tank is on a 6' tall bookshelf.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey dickbags!

I got my first DOSE scheduled...I'm more excited than I thought. Will be nice to feel a little bit safer as I go into work every day, as I have been for the last year, to keep my boomer parents in that sweet sweet social security. ECONOMY, YO

Today is shipping off some dusty old bike parts and maybe buying some new ones.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning Monkeys! No school today for me (WOOHOO) but I get to celebrate the start of Spring Break with below freezing temps and doing our taxes...yeah me!

In other news, the first batch of RM Beanies are shipped and I have plenty more to make if people are interested. Beanies came out to $10 each plus actual shipping. I have 2-3 more made and the potential to make 18 additional if there is enough interest.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not really working today, put an hour on my timecard. Started 20 minutes late, so I figure 20 more minutes and I'll call this week done.

Nothing rideable locally on dirt so not sure what bicycling will be done this weekend, probably a road loop tomorrow or Sunday.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Heading to Crested Butte this weekend to do wedding stuff. Hopefully we’ll get some fun stuff done too, either rolling fatties or ski touring or both. For now, a bit of work and packing for the weekend to do.

woof. covid shot #1 yesterday, definitely feeling fatigued.
Are you sure it’s not a hangover?

Morning Monkeys! No school today for me (WOOHOO) but I get to celebrate the start of Spring Break with below freezing temps and doing our taxes...yeah me!

In other news, the first batch of RM Beanies are shipped and I have plenty more to make if people are interested. Beanies came out to $10 each plus actual shipping. I have 2-3 more made and the potential to make 18 additional if there is enough interest.
I might be interested. I’m sure there’s a thread that shows color options and style and such, but I’m lazy and don’t wanna search for it. Got a link handy that I could have a look?

NB: I’ll be real embarrassed if it’s stickied in a the Lounge.

Not really working today, put an hour on my timecard. Started 20 minutes late, so I figure 20 more minutes and I'll call this week done.

Nothing rideable locally on dirt so not sure what bicycling will be done this weekend, probably a road loop tomorrow or Sunday.
I rode NTM yesterday and it was okay but not great, muddy up on top of the Mesa on the gravel road sections. It’ll be good by the weekend I think.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Why the hell is it so goddamn cold outside!? :mad:

woof. covid shot #1 yesterday, definitely feeling fatigued.
Yeah my first Pfizer shot wiped me out. It took about three days to feel normal again. At least it didn't make me sick...just really tired. I assume my second shot is going to be rough. I've got that on April 13. I assume my streak of 10+ years of not calling in sick to work is going to end the next day.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Thanks for getting this done! Looking forward to my first monkey swag. :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1617372427033.png

Yeah my first Pfizer shot wiped me out. It took about three days to feel normal again. At least it didn't make me sick...just really tired. I assume my second shot is going to be rough. I've got that on April 13. I assume my streak of 10+ years of not calling in sick to work is going to end the next day.
i got moderna flavor. i definitely struggled getting out of bed this morning. i'm usually awake by 7. i had to force myself out of bed at 8:20 for an 8:30 meeting that got cancelled.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Weird. Aside from a little soreness at the injection site the next day after the first shot I had no reaction to the Pfizer Vaccine at all.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Up at 4:00 because reasons, two double espressos because I was up at 4:00, today is going to get weird

Did score this puppy last night from Homeless Depot to replace my old clapped out one. 40% off scratch and dent due to the little ding in the left wing, plus the 15% off coupon they sent me after I refinanced the house, seemed like a good enough deal.

7889C94F-82BF-49A9-A789-78A398FF9857.jpeg

She gets hot! Should be able to achieve an okayish sear
E0D15BE5-0CA6-4BBA-A8F0-75397D4261A0.jpeg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Women folk left me with zero milk for cereal or coffee. Kill list.......
So heavy cream it is, eh?

I just dropped off the minivan for a post skiing season detail. Lyft to work now for a quick half day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey @I Are Baboon did you scale back on exercise / workouts for a few days after your shot?
Well, sort of. I tried to do my scheduled workouts but was unable to. I got the shot Tuesday and my workouts were fine that day (swim AM/run PM). I spun easy Wednesday morning before I realized how tired I was, then had to skip my afternoon run. Thursday I tried to run 10 miles but was too tired and quit after 2. Friday I felt better and had a decent swim and run, though I still felt a little off. I was fine for the weekend.

tl;dr - my workouts tanked for two days after

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good Friday=Market Closed=Day off

But let's crosscheck that...
- Fire alarm failed last night. Been beeping since 4am. Hardwired, so power off work.
- Ball joint continues, but I have tools now.
- Boss sending huge outreach blast to client today. Needed to get him an updated document to send. That took an hour this am.
- More baseboards.
- Oh, internet is down again. Insulation people said they'll pay for it, but I need to get someone here to fix it.

Today is not a day off. FTS.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Teh Financée just did a Target run to Colorado Mills and is saying they're using the fitting rooms as Covid Vaccination Stations... no one was there getting a jab yet and she didn't know how it was going to work, but maybe that's another place the FR Monkey contingent can try to get a vax.

Though I think most (all?) of us at least have our first already.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sounds like I am the vaccine lottery loser of this group.

hey dickbags!

I got my first DOSE scheduled...I'm more excited than I thought. Will be nice to feel a little bit safer as I go into work every day, as I have been for the last year, to keep my boomer parents in that sweet sweet social security. ECONOMY, YO

Today is shipping off some dusty old bike parts and maybe buying some new ones.
LLF at 3PM?

Last edited: