Quantcast

Stikman, what's the scoop?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Well, Leigh is hoping to race a couple world cups, a world cup, some U.S. stuff, get back into cycling a bit, shes starting to do clinics, ride more, she has missed the sport greatly. She went to race fontucky, flatted in race run, but she had a lot of fun.

All this hinges on her business (she owns a retail clothing boutique), being a mom and juggling training with her Epstein Barr that she got diagnosed with this spring. She would really, really like to race mont st. anne. She won there a 100 yrs ago and was on the podium everytime she rode there.

Anne Caro announced she is riding for [a]trek today too.

Old schoolers are reviving things a bit, no?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
any word on Missy coming out of retire....er.......too soon?
She did the US open a few years ago, I was scared to watch. Missy back on a bike would not be pretty. Pretty sure she's going to be tied up in the judicial system for the foreseeable future anyway.

Nico and Ann Caro should form their own team. Given the nature of the tracks on the 2010 calendar, they'd be a menace.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
She did the US open a few years ago, I was scared to watch. Missy back on a bike would not be pretty. Pretty sure she's going to be tied up in the judicial system for the foreseeable future anyway.
yeah i was talking to Monkey, her old mechanic, about her and next thing i know shes walking up with her g/f (i think she was her gf.) she was hanging out in the GT pits since Monkey was wrenching for them then

i was bummed i didnt get to see her ride.

she was racing some down in the Virginia area i think, toting her DH bike around in her Pink Avon Caddy.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
she aint gonna win no world cups posing in the middle of a rock garden :D

mmm i can smell the sweet air of fontana already.... puke!

Loochi

Chimp
Aug 18, 2009
dude theres something in fontana air, it has its own nickname "fontana lung". its all the pollution from LA i believe.
Straight out of wikipedia, and pretty damn accurate. I used to have to drive up there all the time to drop of big diesel engines, generators and such to be sent out when my family had the repair shop in SD.

"over the past century Fontana has developed rapidly into a major commuter suburb for Los Angeles and other nearby cities, as well as a strategic regional hub of the trucking industry. This is arguably the result of Fontana's location at the meetingplace of several major regional thoroughfares: Interstate highway 10 and California State Highway 210 both transect the city from east to west, and Interstate 15 passes diagonally through the northwestern part of the city. These highways have given rise to dozens of distribution centers in the city's industrial areas, where goods are brought by road and rail from the seaports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, then shipped throughout North America."

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
haha that explains it all, and you even helped create it!

i raced 2 super D's at fontana and got sick both times, started coughing like crazy...