Quantcast

<~> Still dark out Friday <~>

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last night's bike workout put me over 5,000 bike miles for the year. First time I've done that. Almost all road and trainer miles thanks to the November Ironman. There will be a lot more MTB in 2023.

Anyway, I am two hours into 11 days off from work. :monkey:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Okay, so this is my first chinese carbon frame but it's honestly pretty dank:

Originally I was just chasing better fit, but this is honestly pretty cool. Will build it up with old parts but I haven't made up my mind whether to go with the custom bars or try to jerry rig my own setup. The factory setup is honestly probably the better way to go.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi peoples

At orthopedic surgeon’s clinic. Cortisone injection for my torn-meniscus knee probably in order today, we shall see

Then WFH once I return home

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Almost 60F today and even warmer in the days ahead. Go home jet stream, you are drunk. Gonna try to get some miles in with a buddy in an hour or so.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
1417ft of bicycle vert still required before year end.
Likely snowshoeing with the DSO on tap for today.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Taking the day off today to provide some backup for my wife in her ongoing war with the demon baby. Demon baby is winning, and basically runs the house at this point.
Can you trade it in for another one?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the baby market.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Can you trade it in for another one?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the baby market.
I've heard that this is a possibility, but it's a long, complicated process, and you wind up losing any down payment and/or taxes you've paid on the original. We may try to Lemon Law this one first.

I kid, of course. I love this tiny one, but damn, she gets piiiiiissed.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Parents left this am and Hannah back to school. Studying back on the schedule along with some last minute loss. harvesting.

Haley grew 4" in the last 7 months and no longer fits into her ski pants, so we need to get her new ones. MIL1 got pretty snappy last night when I told her I have no interest in her 80% off coupons for Land's End clothes, "despite them being from Wisconsin", when getting the girls new ski gear. She couldn't connect that snow gear =/= ski gear and that I can get ski gear for incredibly cheap on sale through the REI Outlet.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I realized the kiddo's bike at the beach house will be too small when she gets there this summer...and that I don't have one there now, either! So, oh goshdarnit, I had to go online and shop...

1672422145792.png

I am literally more excited to get this than any other bike I've had in ages. Too bad I won't ride it till July.

Kiddo's:

1672422285191.png

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Managed to get to the gym and did my best 60 minutes on the spinning bike. It has really helped to get some earpods so I can listen to podcasts while spinning or it get boring. I do not to find some more sources for podcasts so I have more to choose between.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
152,632 meters. 150km. Not too shabby. FYI the moon is 385km away on average, so keep this up for a couple of years…

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
new microwave acquired and installed. went with the same brand in hopes of reusing same wall bracket, that decision paid off. now to clean up the mess I made. family is finally gone, nice to have p&q. it's nice to see them, but when my sister and her family are here it's a pain in the ass. she doesn't know how to just chill out and relax, she's just go go go. it's very obvious her kids are miserable as a result. her husband has a bad habit of getting them riled up for no reason. whole holiday was a bit depressing as most of it was spent sick and just trying to make sure the presents were and we had food. wasn't in a very jolly mood at any point. my son is now sick again, 101.5 fever, and has been asleep most of the day. so that means nye plans are probably out the window.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
In Big Bear with the family for New Years, this place reminds me of why I hate going places. When Disneyland is cheaper, less crowded and more fun, you know you fucked up
I miss Snow Summit so much.

(And RiffRaff 's cottage, and all the SoCal crew...)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Everybody wave to nick!

View attachment 187016
and this is why I elected to rent out the house over Christmas break through this week (and also over MLK and Presidents Day weekends)

ain't nobody got time for that. plus I know the 'woo loves when houses are occupied

although Nick probably missed this traffic if he got out somewhat early