Quantcast

*** still kicking GMT ++

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
is yours capped?
Receiving or giving? I don't think there is any cap on receiving them that I am aware of. They come from the groups expense budget that puts in for it, so there's a limit there. But as far as I know there is no limit to how many/how much one person can receive. I think they are $500, $1k and $2k standard amounts with the option to set a custom amount.

Not sure if it's the same type of system you guys are talking about or not.

Edit - they are cash rewards, not some point/redemption system.

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Maybe 7f today for a high.

Bike store was having a spring cleaning sale got a seat, camping store had a 50% off one item sale today, couldn't find anything I needed/wanted.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
With oil light on I wouldn't drive a foot. Or let it idle.
Yeah agreed. I don't want a locked up engine. Its parked and will get towed on Monday.

Not a good sign. If the engine has been properly maintained and the filter or oil pump inlet has clogged it means something else had a catastrophic failure. Cross your fingers for a worn out pump.
I guess we'll see. Its been maintained pretty well with regular oil changes, its hasn't really needed much else.

Just checked and its now at 335800km, so its aging but I've seen these cars go for way longer (Toyota 1ZZ-FE engine).

Perhaps a good sign is that the oil light wasn't on constantly, it was kind of just fluttering on and off. When I stopped, pulled over and checked the oil, then started the car again, it didn't start fluttering again for another kilometer or two.

The odd thing is that the car was fine when I last drove it, no lights or odd sounds. But it has been parked in the driveway since last Friday night (Jan 20th), today is the first time that I've driven anywhere since then.

I just hope it is something "easy" like the pump and no a blocked oil passage or pickup tube.

And I doubly hope that no matter what, the engine is still good. Having to worry about finding a replacement vehicle in short notice would be.........undesirable to say the least.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
We had one of those work programs but it turned into a giant circlejerk. You needed lol 40 kudos to get anything of value. I loved the “recognize a bro” aspect of it, until it turned into “Kyle turned the lights off when he as done using the meeting room”

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I watched the movie Violent Night while on the bike trainer. Good stuff! Santa Claus stabbing people in the neck and smashing their heads in with a sledgehammer. Also curses a lot and eats his cookies with hard liquor. What's not to love?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We had one of those work programs but it turned into a giant circlejerk. You needed lol 40 kudos to get anything of value. I loved the “recognize a bro” aspect of it, until it turned into “Kyle turned the lights off when he as done using the meeting room”
"Crabjoe didn't shit himself today"

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Had a great, great ride this morning. Returning to F/S was glorious after weeks on the rigid-now-also-singlespeed.

I did just about t-bone a guy who came toodling thru a trail crossing as a group stopped there tried to warn him, but I managed to just clip his rear wheel and had no harm done, apparently. He was on some kind of early 90s super XC hardtail with snowflake-laced wheels, but didn't seem old enough to be the actual progenitor of the machine. He seemed amiable enough and insisted no harm done.

When I got home I found I had time to try internal cable routing,and the soon-to-be "XC" bike has taken some shape, though it is really still a mock up till fork travel gets adjusted, both brakes trimmed and re-bled, and all the inner wires get fixed and initial adjustment done.

Finally sitting on it was cool, tho. Feels pretty light compared to what I am used to with my Balance. Think it will hit all the marks.

received_642630040960532.jpeg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah agreed. I don't want a locked up engine. Its parked and will get towed on Monday.

I guess we'll see. Its been maintained pretty well with regular oil changes, its hasn't really needed much else.

Just checked and its now at 335800km, so its aging but I've seen these cars go for way longer (Toyota 1ZZ-FE engine).

Perhaps a good sign is that the oil light wasn't on constantly, it was kind of just fluttering on and off. When I stopped, pulled over and checked the oil, then started the car again, it didn't start fluttering again for another kilometer or two.

The odd thing is that the car was fine when I last drove it, no lights or odd sounds. But it has been parked in the driveway since last Friday night (Jan 20th), today is the first time that I've driven anywhere since then.

I just hope it is something "easy" like the pump and no a blocked oil passage or pickup tube.

And I doubly hope that no matter what, the engine is still good. Having to worry about finding a replacement vehicle in short notice would be.........undesirable to say the least.
I had an engine a little while ago that would go full pressure, drop to near zero then shoot up after a few seconds.

Ended up having a tiny bit of wear in the regualator/relief valve and the piston would stick.
Took a bit to work out as it had other external things that used engine oil pressure to operate.

Hopefully yours is a faulty switch.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OMG, took a detour, and had thebestgoddamnfucking fish tacos I may have ever had.
In the Miami airport.
Fried Mahi Mahi. Salsas could have been better, but everything else was outstanding.
Riveting, I know

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Caveat: it was $27.95 for three tacos before tip.:fancy:
(They were 17.95 on the menu, not sure how the tiny ketchup cup of guac could have been $10, but I didn't argue). Turns out they had huge slices of perfect avocado on them anyway.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Caveat: it was $27.95 for three tacos before tip.:fancy:
(They were 17.95 on the menu, not sure how the tiny ketchup cup of guac could have been $10, but I didn't argue). Turns out they had huge slices of perfect avocado on them anyway.

@kidwoo will be excited to hear about good authentic tacos in his homeland

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fedex guy decided to reverse into the snowy ditch below our driveway backing out of a neighbours, watched him dig for a few and then went and pulled him out.

That's my good deed for the year checked off and it's still only January.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
(Asymmetry to conjure up 'squeeb)

Woke up with chills, assumed it was the covid but nope! Heater was off. One jiggled wire later and it's warming nicely, but now I'm up.

Weekend full of nothing ahead.
On my way with a Black Tooth delivery.

Car issue settled. Check incoming. Sale pending. Test drive for new wheels imminent.

New pair of moss green 5.10 Freeriders arrived today. I was due for a refresh.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I had an engine a little while ago that would go full pressure, drop to near zero then shoot up after a few seconds.

Ended up having a tiny bit of wear in the regualator/relief valve and the piston would stick.
Took a bit to work out as it had other external things that used engine oil pressure to operate.

Hopefully yours is a faulty switch.
Can we have a thread somewhere in which we ask you for help with car stuff? Only kinda joking - I am having two weird issues and I bet you”d be like “oh, that’s just this thingy not plugged in…”

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Can we have a thread somewhere in which we ask you for help with car stuff? Only kinda joking - I am having two weird issues and I bet you”d be like “oh, that’s just this thingy not plugged in…”
Haha, nah I don't really know much car stuff, actually I don't know that much about anything, I work on such a wide range of shit that I'm a jack of all but good at none.
Was it Mike that was the RM mech that seemed to know heaps of useful stuff?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Great weekend at the horse show. Hung out with old friends. Went out each night for beer and food. Ruth took one third place and 3 first place finishes and was the high point award winner for both Friday and Saturday. Heading home at 9 am tomorrow.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Spoken like a true trail pirate. I often used a sawzall with pruning blade for soft wood. Pretty discreet.
Milwaukee M12 Hackzall FTW! Quiet, light, decently powerful and fits in my camelback. Not going to fell an oak with it, but it’s pretty damn handy when discreetly removing more limbs than I’d want to do with my Silky