Quantcast

Stinkyboy, tell me about Phoenix?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Job market, rental housing, chicks, riding...

I am considering a relocation for school for about a year. But I don't want to live in a trailer and work at Quik Stop if I can avoid it.

Sell it, brother!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Job market, rental housing, chicks, riding...
1) there will likely be an opening at whatever company he is working ... sooner or later
2) yes, you may rent!
3) there are no chicks at ASU, but your neighbor might be a hooker. (see #2 above)
4) why are you asking Stinkyboy about riding? :hmm:

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Job market here is not great.
I guess it really depends on what part of the Valley you would live in. Phoenix is so big that it really makes a difference which part.

Riding is great, year round, lots of great trails. Good riding community, its been getting a lot more organized lately.

I'm sure Stinky will chime in with better info soon.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
1) there will likely be an opening at whatever company he is working ... sooner or later
2) yes, you may rent!
3) there are no chicks at ASU, but your neighbor might be a hooker. (see #2 above)
4) why are you asking Stinkyboy about riding? :hmm:

:rofl:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
all kidding aside ...

Im not a local but for the 8 or so times I've visited PHX I'll say that the riding is outstanding. Sure it gets hot in the Summer, but cooler temps and epic rides and forest are just a few hour drive north. I never thought I'd want to live in AZ, but with the high temp reaching 10*F outside today I might have to rethink my attitude.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I guess it really depends on what part of the Valley you would live in. Phoenix is so big that it really makes a difference which part.

Riding is great, year round, lots of great trails. Good riding community, its been getting a lot more organized lately.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT

:rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

I'm sure Stinky will chime in with better info soon.

Pipe down. He is asking Stinky.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have no idea what part of the valley I will be in. The only reason I was asking is I was looking at going to MMI for the Harley Davidson certification. It's 66 weeks long and I know they have some housing set up for students and sh!t jobs to do while in school.

But ideally I would get a software job down there first, then start school, then skip town after graduation. Looking at CL, most of the "tech" jobs are web development and graphic design crap. But I guess I could work the parts counter at the local auto parts place selling the wrong parts to rednecks if I had to.

I am still very much in the information gathering stage and wouldn't be looking to move for up to a year. But it would be nice to have something other than hookers and blow to look forward to on the weekends.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I have no idea what part of the valley I will be in. The only reason I was asking is I was looking at going to MMI for the Harley Davidson certification. It's 66 weeks long and I know they have some housing set up for students and sh!t jobs to do while in school.

But ideally I would get a software job down there first, then start school, then skip town after graduation. Looking at CL, most of the "tech" jobs are web development and graphic design crap. But I guess I could work the parts counter at the local auto parts place selling the wrong parts to rednecks if I had to.

I am still very much in the information gathering stage and wouldn't be looking to move for up to a year. But it would be nice to have something other than hookers and blow to look forward to on the weekends.
There are crappy and nice areas all over the valley. Tons of riding and hiking and downtown can be cool if ya like baseball or basketball.

Riding to Tempe and/or Scottsdale for a few drinks usually produces a good story or two as well.

Being close to where you have to go is important as traffic can be hellish, especially in the many months of 100+ temperatures. The first summer can be hard on people if they're pvssies.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"The Adventures of Stinky and JD"... I can hardly wait!
Who will find the next wife?
He's 2 up on me, I can't compete. I swore I wouldn't get married again. My gf said we could get married some day and she would just shoot me in the face if it didn't work out. So I have that an an option later.