Quantcast

Stinkyboy's New Ride

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Yea, the owner of my LBS built it up for himself, rode it once and then wanted to build a Moots 29er, and needed cash, so I snapped it up.

:drool:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
It's just a little odd that's all. Two chains, rear suspension, no chain tensioners. What keeps the chain(s) tight as the bike cycles through it's travel?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
jdschall said:
What keeps the chain(s) tight as the bike cycles through it's travel?
The pivot point, The chain doesn't loosen. It's crazy sick, and I don't blame you for being jealous...

:rolleyes:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i always like the A and thought about getting one when they came out.. but they were a bit pricey at first

nice bike!!!!!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
ThePriceSeliger said:
Why? What's the point?
I assume you mean the dual drive.

It's just bling. It offers nothing (unless I break a chain :rolleyes: )

It can be done, and now I've got some bad azz Phil Wood hubs!

:dancing:

J

JRB

I think it looks cool, but would want discs. They say it gives faster engagement. I still think the 108 pt Hadley would be better, and you could run discs. Of course, it's Stink's bike, and if he likes it, I love it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was an A on ebay last week for about $600 I think. I thought about it and it would be sort of cool. But I'm too broke for a pointless (for me) bike.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
stinkyboy said:
I'm an idiot, I'm not insane.

:rolleyes:
No seriously - how is that rigged? Is there actually a free-hub on both sides? Or is it secured through the axel?

And BTW - fixed ring bikes are fun...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
splat said:
well as I see it , Unless you have both freewheels in Perfect alighnment , only one side at a time will engage.
I've only put about 25 street miles on it, but the instant engagement on both side feels great so far.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
listen, all these avatars with the picture of that guy in the silly costume need to go. that sick f)(# is really creeping me out. there were like 4 of you in this thread alone, so please, for the love of god, get something better.