Quantcast

Stinky's New White Machine!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice ride man...

as for that white v10.... people thought my Tomac was too white...

I feel like they might be wrong compared to that abomination.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Been swamped at work, but saturday will be my maiden voyage on the new steed. I'm looking forward to a summer of abusing this bike up in Flag, Candy Mountain, etc.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Been swamped at work, but saturday will be my maiden voyage on the new steed. I'm looking forward to a summer of abusing this bike up in Flag, Candy Mountain, etc.
Where is your maiden voyage going to be?

I keep going back and forth over selling mine...but I think I might be doing it this time.
Putting a front derailleur on the Glory and that's going to be my "XC" bike.

Sparkle Pony is also in the process of being resurrected.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Where is your maiden voyage going to be?
Prolly just fuq around it the city, roll some stairs and try to get a feel for it and figure out what's needed to do. Bust yours out and cruise down tomorrow! I could prolly use some of your expertise. Of course they'll be drinking afterwards, so bring full gear... :biggrin:

Sparkle Pony is also in the process of being resurrected.
:think: :clapping:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
There's a big enough market/demand for a shop specializing in 29'ers? :shocked:
The majority of shops in the Valley cater to either Tri-geeks/roadies or 29'ers.
2 or 3 actually have DH parts/gear/expertise.

Stinky, wish I could make it this weekend, but got a lot of stuff to do. Hoping to at least ride a bit tomorrow. :(

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Holy crap! I'm in love with this bike!

Threw a new seat on and new grips and she's sitting at 35.1 lbs. Diggin' the Magnesium Wellgos too.

Did as few miles yesterday and cruised to the office today to get some work done and to let her have a look around...

Oh yea, rolled a set of maybe 80 stairs yesterday and dropped the chain, so a chain guide is next.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So is it a 35.1 pound commuter? Where's the dirt on it, or even a little dust at least?? :confused:
Take it easy, I've got 30 miles of street on this thing to get a feel for it. I have plenty of time and mountains to give it a beatin'. I barely have an Apple sticker on the new Civic and need to rack it as well...

:wait:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
30 miles and its still clean????? Did you take soem micro fiber and some maguirs with you to work and wipe it down every corner?????

Im just busting your chops, where you going to take taht thing in the dirt for the first "real" ride?????

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Im just busting your chops, where you going to take taht thing in the dirt for the first "real" ride?????

I'm thinking of cruising over to Papago and do a couple easy loops since I haven't been forever and check out the little jump park over there to see what kind of shape it's in.

Then I'll take it home, throw mud on it, curse at it and hit it with a stick!

:think:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

I'm thinking of cruising over to Papago and do a couple easy loops since I haven't been forever and check out the little jump park over there to see what kind of shape it's in.

Then I'll take it home, throw mud on it, curse at it and hit it with a stick!

:think:
I think I am going to have to take a weekend and drive out there to go ride squaw peak with you. I liked that place. I will probably find it alot easier than when I was in college 11 years ago and just barely starting to ride. That and I will have to have you show me some of the good runs out there. Going to push for a teaching position, and if I get it, I will be training in Phoenix for at least three months. I will need somewhere to ride while I am there.

About the mud and dirt, Dont you just love how the bike MAnf. all put that polish on there frames so they just dont look like you have been riding at all, when in reality your beating the **** out of the bike.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Papago jumps are pretty haggard.
The ones that ARE in good shape are scary vertical BMX jumps.

Looks pretty sweet.

35 lbs? Damn.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I think mine is a few pounds heavier.

My Glory is 48 pounds...

They are fun bikes to ride. You'll have a blast on it at Candy.
I always ran the Stinky with slimed Maxxis DH tubes and 2.5 Minions. I will prolly have to boost the weight a bit, but damn is this fun at this weight.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Damn, I've neglected to post the updated goodness...

Fork is still uncut and the Kore bar is still there as I like the feel again of a shorter (27") bar, but we'll see what happens...