Quantcast

Stinky's New White Machine!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That bike wants A Line!

JD, where's the white DH rig?
I'll snap some pics tonight, I promise. I will be at the new house and the DH rig is in the new garage. I have the camera with me, so I will get something posted.

Mine isn't as color coordinated as yours, though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jimmy,
what DH rig do you have?
I bought a white VP Free for $400 off ebay because I needed a frame for this season that had a 150mm rear but would still trail ride. The wheels came off my old DHi. I have a 66 fork as well, but it's the basic black.

I REALLY wanted a new 150mm Bullit, but I couldn't spare $1000 with so many other projects. I miss my Bullit.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Cool.
I used to ride a DHI also. It was the older design with the rotating concentric bottom bracket. I liked it a lot.

There's a local out here selling his 08 Bullit for $2500. Super nice build. A bike shop employee. IF it were a large, i'd be on it. Air shock, single ring, FOX 36.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I dig it, everything that you need, nothing that you dont. Needs a white bar though, seriously. I use the same grips, anything else feels like I'm gripping a pencil.
I think the same thing. I'd like a 31.8 Azonic bar, but it means giving up the bad azz little Thomson stem...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Too old to be a DH bum, but Rolling into OR will be a good start... My life is a restart in the next week or two...
BullSh1t!!!

Do you remember DH Builder ?

I met him at Windrock years ago, he was in his 50's at the time.

Let's just say that after riding with him that I can never use the age excuse again.

If you have some dollars put aside go ride where ever you want to.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Gold Salsa clamp, gold ODI grips, and olive drab pedals.

<edit> I couldn't get a shot of my "Cock Ho" sticker on the down tube.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
It's my commuting, DH, XC, trail, do everything else rig. Everything else I own has a motor.
I'd like something like that. right now i have a 5" trail bike that i ride most of the time. I'd really like something around a 6" bike with a slack head angle.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd like something like that. right now i have a 5" trail bike that i ride most of the time. I'd really like something around a 6" bike with a slack head angle.
This has 8/6 but the VP setup does pedal well. I put a 34 tooth ring on the front to give me a little more range. I haven't trail ridden it much since I finished building it, but I will be alternating weekends soon between street moto, dirt moto, DH, trail.

My riding season is very full this year between the multitude of vehicles I have acquired over the last 6 months. I need a bigger garage, like gonefirefightin has.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I wish i had more bikes. But if i had more than the 4 i have already, i'd be even more pressed for time to ride the ones i really like to ride. Plus, kinda hard to ride as much as you'd like to when you have kids. If i did get power toys, i'd get some hella big moobs. Even bigger than they are already. Everybody i ride with would be axin me if they could have some milk with their clifbars.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wish i had more bikes. But if i had more than the 4 i have already, i'd be even more pressed for time to ride the ones i really like to ride. Plus, kinda hard to ride as much as you'd like to when you have kids. If i did get power toys, i'd get some hella big moobs. Even bigger than they are already. Everybody i ride with would be axin me if they could have some milk with their clifbars.
Riding with kids is easy.

Getting them to help on the climbs is a bit harder.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thanks.

I will likely switch to Maxxis High Rollers before race season, but those came with the wheels. I bought a takeoff kit on ebay that included wheels, tires, tubes, cassette, and the Hayes Stroker brakes (that are AWESOME) for $325. The whole build was about $1000 including at the crap off the DHi.