Quantcast

stock marzocchi oil

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
Hey, wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of oil marzocchi uses as stock? just so i know what oil to never buy. thanks

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I believe it's Golden Spectro 125/150 or 7.5 weight.

Why do you figure it's not good?

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
i dont have any tech specs on it compared to other oil, just that two marz forks i have changed to fuchs silkolene rsf 7.5 wt and i did not think there was going to be any difference, but there was a huge difference in how the fork felt. also, my newer 888 made a lot of noise in the damper side, now it is quiet after a change to silkolene rsf.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
i dont have any tech specs on it compared to other oil, just that two marz forks i have changed to fuchs silkolene rsf 7.5 wt and i did not think there was going to be any difference, but there was a huge difference in how the fork felt. also, my newer 888 made a lot of noise in the damper side, now it is quiet after a change to silkolene rsf.
Are you sure it is not just a case of "they were due for a service" . My 66's were pretty notchy until I stripped and serviced them ( used Golden Spectro for the new oil ).
Just asking thats all.

Kazkajo

Chimp
May 16, 2008
do you know what oil use the rocco rc? i want to change it but i dont know what (w.) to use!

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
Are you sure it is not just a case of "they were due for a service" . My 66's were pretty notchy until I stripped and serviced them ( used Golden Spectro for the new oil ).
Just asking thats all.

the first one was maybe due, the second has only a few rides on it, may not even be truly broken in. if you run across the silkolene rsf next time you need oil, try it. i was very surprised i can actually tell a difference with replacing new oil with it.