Quantcast

STOLEN!!! '04 Stab Primo Race Bike (Santa Barbara)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Stolen from Anapamu & Olive st area of Downtown Santa Barbara on friday night around 10pm. Description of bike is as follows.

2004 Kona Stab Primo DH bike, size medium. red/blue in color. here are some of the stand out components,

* Brake Therapy Floating Brake kit
* Fox DHX 5.0 rear shock
* Marzocchi 888 fork w/o decals
* Speedplay Drillium Flat Pedals
* Saint Brakes w/Dangerboy levers
* Paint on headtube is severely worn from cable-rub.

This bike belongs to a good friend and coworker of mine named Dan and since totalling his car about a month ago (a deer jumped in front of him at night on the freeway) this bike is just about all he has. Dan rides EVERY single day sometimes twice a day and not having his bike is driving him nutty. Please help us get it back!

If you have any leads call Velo Pro Cyclery at 805-963-7775 and or call the police.

serial number: H3H08540

Below is a stock image from Kona's website.

Thanks!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Good news!

We didn't recover the bike, but Carlin Dunne and Kona stepped up and supplied Dan with a loaner Stinky Supreme to tide him over until we can either recover his bike or he can somehow get a new one.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Has the kid checked the area? It's clearly someone around as if it was locked up in the back and not visable from the street (so I'm assuming) then it was either someone that he had beef with OR someone's seen him take it into the back and such. I'd seriously walk around the area as it didn't go far. Someone had wanted to steal it, it wasn't like an accident or anything.

I live a little further up the street but I'll keep an eye out. I don't think it's headed down to mexico or anything, but I bet it's in the area. Check craigslist and the newpress too just incase. I haven't seen anything like this come up but lately there's been some high end items on our local craigslist so who knows.

Good luck though finding it, if I see anyone with it as I don't know any other person with a Kona like. I'll keep my eyes out though.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
One other local guy has almost the exast same bike but Dan's bike had the rear end painted black so that's a telltale way to spot it. We have posted EVERYWHERE and called all shops etc. Please just keep an eye open and call us if you see anything.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
It's good to hear that the Kona guys hooked him up while he sorts everything out. Hopefully, he can get his bike back or at least collect on his homeowner/renter's insurance.