Quantcast

STOLEN: 2 Brand New Intense DH frames and parts, REWARD!

rhythmcycles

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Recently about 7k worth of merchandise was stolen from The Fix Bike Shop in Boulder, via credit card fraud on TheFixBikes.com

These products where delivered to Oxnard California between the dates of February 29th and today.

The stolen product includes:

1 Intense M6 frame, medium, Stealth Black (delivered today)
1 Intense Socom frame, medium, Pearl White
1 08 Marzocchi 888 RC3, white
1 set of 08 Avid Code disc brakes, 203mm front, 185mm rear

The Fix is a small shop and can't afford to absorb this loss, so I want this product back.

I am offering a reward of WHOLESALE PRICING on ALL PRODUCTS for as long as I own The Fix to anybody who provides information leading to the recovery (hopefully in one piece) of these products and/or incarceration of the person that stole them.

If you stole this stuff, send it back now or find a rock to hide under, because we have your address.

Thanks for your help,

The Fix
(303)939-8349 shop
(303)910-5591 cell

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just an FYI, credit card scammers usually use random guys address and just sit out and stalk the truck and pretend they are coming home. This is why many places will not ship to un-verified address (they require a utility bill etc).

bent_steel

Monkey
Jun 19, 2007
South
contact your local police and get in contact with the local fbi office, in a situation with a company I worked with in the past, since the loss was over $5k, it went above local law enforcement. In the situation I was involved in 100% of the stolen goods were recovered and the perps got to spend time in a federal pound you in the a$$ prison.

Freaking scum of the earth, I hope this guy gets what's coming to him.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
everyone should just keep an eye out for a black m6 at any cali race or for sale, i cant imagine there all too many black m6's floating around right now.

that said, hope you guys get the stuff back!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
*shudder*

This is repulsive. Though I have yet to visit The Fix I have only heard great things about the shop, it's owner and the folks who work there.

If these frames are not recovered and the shop risks going under, let's pull together donations to help them recoup the funds so they can keep going.

I've recently been made aware of other means of "fraud" folks get away with through their credit cards that leave a shop suffering from the loss without any protection from the credit card companies or the law.

Best of luck in the recovery. We will keep eyes peeled around here and spread the word.

...Off now to research merchant credit card fraud "insurance". (I scoff at the word.)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
man that totally blows, doubt i'll see anything up in norcal but i'll be pulling for you to get em back.

getting your bike stolen totally sucks

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Here is a bump to you.
Wow, this totally sucks and being a victim of online credit card fraud many times with our ecommerce store I wish you luck. I will be on the so cal look out. As Ian Collins said though, I will call for help if I see them though, I can't mess with Ventura hood rats.

Disgusting crime and I hope you guys get the bikes or money back.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Good News!

The M6 frame, fork, and brakes were all at the address and were recovered by the police this morning. The Socom frame unfortunately was already gone, and may not be recovered. We had the idea to fill a box that appears to be something expensive, like a 40 RC2, with dog sh1t and send it to the same address.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Good News!

The M6 frame, fork, and brakes were all at the address and were recovered by the police this morning. The Socom frame unfortunately was already gone, and may not be recovered. We had the idea to fill a box that appears to be something expensive, like a 40 RC2, with dog sh1t and send it to the same address.
Damn, that was fast. Good to hear. The dog **** idea, while fun, is a federal offense, so it is not advised.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
although its a loss not being able to find the socom frame, at least you guys got the other stuff back, the profit made on the other stuff will make up for the socom :)

i gotta look at this in a positive way.

and that was mighty fast getting the stuff back!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
The "nard" is like 30 minutes away.........I'll keep my eyes peeled here in Santa Barbara for anything like that. Either they are traveling south, re-selling the stuff (check the Ventura Craigslist as it's the closest to Oxnard) and Ebay. Hopefully you guys are able to get your stuff back.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Damn, that was fast. Good to hear. The dog **** idea, while fun, is a federal offense, so it is not advised.
Yeah I figured that would be classified as some sort of biohazard. Could of gotten away with it maybe, except that now its been premeditated in writing on the internet.:disgust:

rhythmcycles

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Here's the update: The Oxnard cops actually came through today, and we've recovered the M6 frame, the fork, and the brakes. The white Socom frame is still MIA. I'll post more information as I have it, as this is a pretty wide spread scam that other shops should definitely be aware of. There were other bike boxes in the apartment that didn't come from us. Anybody ship and Iron Horse to Oxnard lately?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am glad you got most of your parts back. Thats actually a big reason My shop doesnt do online orders. Bad part of it is that baiout four months ago, we got jacked for about 10K worth of road bikes. Only teh guy came in person, hit us with a Fake ID and a stolen Credit card. Scammers Blow, all they do is raise prices for other people.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I am glad you got most of your parts back. Thats actually a big reason My shop doesnt do online orders. Bad part of it is that baiout four months ago, we got jacked for about 10K worth of road bikes. Only teh guy came in person, hit us with a Fake ID and a stolen Credit card. Scammers Blow, all they do is raise prices for other people.
Well, on the other hand I am happy that a lot of shops do online sales...otherwise I wouldnt be doing DH. Especially considering all the lousy LBS in my area.

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
Sucks to hear. I am 30min in the other direction (S/E) so I will keep an eye out as well.

I would think they could find it if they any of the a$$es that did this. Weather or not they get it back is another thing, it could be in Turkey or some where like that now.

DeafTrance

Chimp
Nov 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Had some guy do that at the bike shop i work at, jacked a carbon road bike. Weird thing is that guy came back to the shop a few months later and left an envelope with 300 dollars in it with a note that said he hoped to pay it off one day. Nobody recognized the guy until he was already long gone.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
this same thing happened to drop 'n zone in bellingham

they are also working with oxnard police and supposedly their stuff is heading back to them as well....what didnt get shipped to russia already anyways.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah I figured that would be classified as some sort of biohazard. Could of gotten away with it maybe, except that now its been premeditated in writing on the internet.:disgust:
Simple.

Just delete that post, ask someone in oxnard a favor.

If that address were in tahoe, I'd gladly sh1t in a box and leave it on the doorstep.....and I'm sure you'd provide me with shipping label to make it legit.

I'd do this because you guys have dirt jumps and let me ride. ****ting in a box would not only be a pleasure, but just my way of saying thanks.

I'm sure you can find a comparable asshole (yes pun) in oxnard. If not, our sport is doomed.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Simple.

Just delete that post, ask someone in oxnard a favor.

If that address were in tahoe, I'd gladly sh1t in a box and leave it on the doorstep.....and I'm sure you'd provide me with shipping label to make it legit.

I'd do this because you guys have dirt jumps and let me ride. ****ting in a box would not only be a pleasure, but just my way of saying thanks.

I'm sure you can find a comparable asshole (yes pun) in oxnard. If not, our sport is doomed.
Now you're thinking. It's just the use of the mail system that makes it illegal.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I'm in the 'nard area and my little brown minions are always ready to serve.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I thought if you have an 800#, each month your phone company prints out your bill with every single call that comes in on the 800# for your internal use. Can't you have them send you your call log from that day to find the # that called in the order and have the police trace it back to the owner?