Quantcast

STOLEN: 2004 Gold Santa Cruz V10

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I need help everybody. I walked out into my garage 5 minutes ago and my pride and joy was gone. My 2004 Medium Gold V10 was gone. :( If everybody could keep a look out on the internet or anywhere in the Colorado Springs area I would highly appreciate it. I just got the thing rebuilt and haven't even ridden it yet. It's specced as follows:

2004 Medium Gold Santa Cruz V10 (w/floating brake)
2002 red Rock Shox Boxxer
2004/5 5th Element with 450 Ti coil
FSA Pig headset
Thomson 50mm stem (normal sized bars)
Pro Taper Gold bars
Thomson 30.9mm seatpost
Selle Italia saddle
Hadley hubs front and back
silver D521 rim up front
black RhynoLite XL rim in back
Intense FRO 2.5 tire on front
Intense dualply DH tire on back 2.5
FSA bb
Holzfeller cranks (somewhat rubbed off black paint)
E.13 chainguide
Blackspire 38t ring (4arm)
Sram X.9 midcage derailleur
Sram X.9 trigger shifter
Hayes Mag rear brake (8") Old school mounts (pre74mm)
brake adapter has bolts and nuts on it because they stripped out
Hayes HFX9 (8") front brake
BONZ Gold 2finger brake levers
DK sealed bearing pedals
ODI Clamps and Top Cap are painted metallic red to match boxxer

Here's a few pics I took recently during my rebuild.

I'm seriously in tears right now so if anybody could look out for it I'd really appreciate it. We're contacting the police and insurance right now and I'm gonna go look around the immediate neighborhood and such to see if by some slim chance its there. If so, expect to see a report of me beating the fvcking sh1t out of whoever this damn bastard is. If you're out there on this forum, beware, I will get your fvcking ass sooner or later. :mad:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Damn that sucks! I'll keep a lookout for it up here in Denver, but I'm mainly XC, so I doubt I'll see it on the trails. I'll keep an eye out, though.

Good luck. If you don't get it back, hopefully your insurance company will take care of you.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
That's a beaut. and hard to miss. I look forward to pix of some bloody MF with bicycle chain marks all over their face. CS is a small community no?

I'm picturing the "Singing in the Rain" scene from A Clockwork Orange.

Edit: You don't miss those DK pedals do ya? ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
Damn that sucks! I'll keep a lookout for it up here in Denver, but I'm mainly XC, so I doubt I'll see it on the trails. I'll keep an eye out, though.
If the fvckwit comes up here with his stolen V10 you probably *will* see him on the trails, shuttling the JeffCo multi-use trails. :mad:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Thanks man. (bump again. :)) Today I should be going to my lbs (ProCycling) and getting MSRP pricing on everything that was on it to turn into the insurance company.

J

JRB

bummer, bro. The good news is, just check shuttle runs. That thing won't pedal for crap without a chain.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
loco said:
bummer, bro. The good news is, just check shuttle runs. That thing won't pedal for crap without a chain.
Lol, those pics were taken a week or two ago, right before it was finished. :p I think they knew what they were taking though because it was the only bike in there that had a flat tire. :think:

Eh. Got price quotes at the lbs and had them print out an official invoice for me, with about 5150 for a replacement cost. Found a serial number on an invoice from SC from a warranty that the previous owner included with me in some other stuff so that's good. Hopefully I get atleast 4500 or so from insurance because we have a retarded-ass $1000 deductible on the insurance, and I dont know if my parents want to front up more. Who knows...any ideas on what to replace it with?

So far my list is...
SC V10
Canfield F1
Trek Session10 (no idea on $ or release date)
Turner DHR
Ventana El Cuervo
Foes Fly
Foes Mono
Yeti 303
Yeti ASX
Sunday Team
Sunday WC

So many options. :confused: