Quantcast

Stolen BCD---Keep your eyes open---

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I left it up to Kile's people (I didn't know him) as they seemed intent on bustin ass, and offered my services as neccessary. I dunno why the plan came apart. Freaking sad.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Well with everyday my ankle is getting better....This means I'm closer and closer to being able to run. If I can run, I can chase the guy down after he tries to run. Remember, I haven't been able to ride for the last 3 months, this means lots of gym time....

Seriously, if nothing is done soon I'm going to road trip it to AZ. This isn't rocket science. We know where the bike is, we know the cops wont do anything, we can assemble a large group of people......

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
if its in pheonix or flagstaff i will try and get i back for you. i am going in 2 days for vacation anyways. if i see a bcd inedible i'll see if it's yours.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Seriously, if nothing is done soon I'm going to road trip it to AZ. This isn't rocket science. We know where the bike is, we know the cops wont do anything, we can assemble a large group of people......[/QUOTE]

I'm in.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just received a call from a detective saying she was just handed this case. I told her what I knew.

Neversummer, I PM'd her name and email to ya, as you have more info than myself.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just got a followup call from the Mesa, AZ detective, who's read this thread (and was impressed by the number of concerned monkeys) but was sad to hear so much time has passed without resolve. She's anxious to hear from you neversummer!

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Bike is back in good hands. Some monkey from AZ follow up with the detective and get the bike from the police. We need to send it to Kyle's parents so hopefully one of Kyle's friends is willing to pack it up. I'll pay for shipping.

Let me know who wants to help...this might help his P's!!!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
neversummersnow said:
Bike is back in good hands. Some monkey from AZ follow up with the detective and get the bike from the police. We need to send it to Kyle's parents so hopefully one of Kyle's friends is willing to pack it up. I'll pay for shipping.

Let me know who wants to help...this might help his P's!!!
Damn good to hear

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Just got a call from Mesa PD! No arrest has been made, but the bike is with the police. The detective asked the I get ahold of Kyle's friends down here, who I haven't talked to for awhile, but I will make the calls tonight and get them in touch with the Mesa PD.

FUK YEA!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I don't still have Kyle's friends numbers, but I called an ex mechanic (from my LBS) last night who knows them and he said he will call this morning and relay the information. This story makes me proud to be a monkey!

RIP Kyle

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
That's such good news. well if anything good could come out of this.

I don't know what this will do for his parents/sister, but I'm happy to hear that the bike is back.....wherever it ends up.

RIP Kyle,..everyday I ride, I ride for you.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
thanks for all the AZ riders.

thanks mesa PD.

i am so glad this custom one of a kind bcd is in good hands.

alex morgan

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
OK monkeys, here's the deal: Myself and others are hoping this public info will help the case against the guy who was found with the bike (which is still evidence at this point), but I need some info. Does anyone know of a racer named Troy Salisbury or his brother Scott? Maybe he's raced MX too. Like I said, I need info to do some "linking". PM me anything you know, and hopefully this guy will get what he deserves.

Thanks!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
stinkyboy said:
OK monkeys, here's the deal: Myself and others are hoping this public info will help the case against the guy who was found with the bike (which is still evidence at this point), but I need some info. Does anyone know of a racer named Troy Salisbury or his brother Scott? Maybe he's raced MX too. Like I said, I need info to do some "linking". PM me anything you know, and hopefully this guy will get what he deserves.

Thanks!
Bump...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
stinkyboy said:

Thanks!
All I can do is bump...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just recieved a call from the Mesa police department regarding the case. They are getting ready to prosecute the thief in early December. :bonk: I didn't know Kyle, and only passed this thread info to the Mesa detective working the case and tried to help as I could as a Phoenix local. They still asked if the prosecuting attorneys could interview me and I agreed.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Good work guys - I hope you manage to find the links to get it all sorted.

I had a bike nicked in the UK - worthless really, but a bit of a classic (Giant ATX 990 team Tomac, with chrome stanchioned Z1 bombers)... my wife saw someone riding it a few weeks later and almost got it back then.... about 6 months later I found it chained to a bike rack, phoned the police who basically said 'well, if you steal it back you could get charged for the chain you break... but go ahead'...

It was a fricken huge gauge chain, but luckily there was a roadgang working 10m away who had a HUGE petrol powered diamond cutter for ripping through steel reinforcing..... result = bike back.

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
Glad to see your actoins got rewarded. The cops basicly laughed at me and never got back to me. I never got the guys that stole my bikes but I did get 3 of 4 bikes back. But I remeber who they are, all good things come to those who wait.

Great job guys

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I gave a taped phone interview monday, November 20th, 2006 in a speakerphone call with the prosecutor and the public defender present regarding Kyle's stolen bike.

I don't know all of the details regarding the bike, BCD or Kyle's history, but was happy to tell what my involvement has been. I mentioned getting involved after seeing this thread and because I am a Phoenix local, I wanted to assist as needed.

The public defender seems to be trying to determine what the value of the bike is, and I told her that a one-off custom built carbon fiber downhill racing frame was at least 5-7K and that the complete bike was easily worth 10K. I suspect the defense is trying to avoid a grand theft conviction. I also made it very clear that I think criminals should get what's coming to them, especially in this case.

The defense also asked if I saw the bike offered for sale on Ridemonkey/the internet which I never did and I reacted (with an offer to help) after seeing that the guy from BCD got a call from someone (apparently in possession of Kyle's bike) with an Arizona phone number.

I think I made the public defender uncomfortable after stating that anyone in possession of a 10K bike could afford a private attorney as there was a couple seconds of uncomfortable silence in the room. I wasn't trying to disrespect her, but I was a little riled up considering the situation.

They told me the trial was set for the 4th of December, 2006 and I might be supeoned to testify at the trial which I said I would be happy to attend.

I'll continue to keep the Ridemonkey members updated as I know more details.

-Stinkyboy

RIP Kyle

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Good work. Is Alex in on this case? Can/should he be a witness since he made the bike, knows it's true value and sold (or gave?) the bike to Kyle?

Wishing the case a successfull conviction of the theif. Take the focker down!!!! :mad:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good work. Is Alex in on this case? Can/should he be a witness since he made the bike, knows it's true value and sold (or gave?) the bike to Kyle?

Wishing the case a successfull conviction of the theif. Take the focker down!!!! :mad:
Perhaps Alex could make a written statement regarding the actual value of the bike and submit it to the prosecutors.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
the AZ police detectived called a few months ago and asked
me a lot of question.

i answered all i could and offered any other help if needed.

if i had to make another bike like kyles it would be at the VERY least $10,000. b/c the molds are long gone now.