Quantcast

Stolen Bike Alert for California Re-posted from local Forum

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
A friend of mine just had his medium 2004 Stab Primo stolen from behind his house in downtown Santa Barbara. It was the red/blue/black frameset, had a DHX 5.0, 888s, Saint Brakes, High Rollers, Flat Pedals, Brake Therapy floater. The buildup on it was pretty unique so it should be very easy to spot. Anyone in LA, SD, SB, SF or California in general PLEASE keep your eyes peeled. The owner would gladly have a reward ready for any info on its location or the return of the bike. Anybody who sees this please notify shop employees to keep their eyes peeled for anybody trying to work on the bike - this bike was really special to the guy, DH'ing was his entire life pretty much and right now he is in a really crappy spot.

The guy to call is Dan - 505 310 2824 or the store he works at (Velo Pro in SB) - 805 963 7775.

I know the chances are slim of him finding it, but the more people who know to look for it the better chances he has! So please, anybody in the region tell your friends and LBS's to keep their eyes peeled. Posted in the two California forumss as well. Thanks everyone!

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
You'd be surprised. I have heard lots of things about a market for stolen high end bikes south of the border. Quite a few people have seen recently stolen bikes heading down highway 1 through TJ and Rosarito in the past. Once in Mexico however, it's usually not wise to confront anyone about it and the local law enforcement is rarely of any use down there.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That sucks Dans bike got stolen. I doubt I will see it in Los Olivos, but when i'm down there, or in (La or other places) I will keep an eye out for it.

Hope he finds it.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Just to keep things as informative as Sean's post about it:

serial number: H3H08540

This will probably apply to shop workers since it's not exactly the first thing you see on a bike.

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
I'm a SB guy (Lompoc), so I'll keep an eye out. Few things are as infuriating as this- I know from experience.

Do you have a photo of the bike. It might help me recognize it from a distance. I'm not sure what I'd do if I actually saw somebody riding it unless I was POSITIVE I recognized it though, so I high-res photo would be helpful.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Thinks that really stick out about this bike:

-big silver brake floater
DHX 5.0 (big turquoise dial on the piggyback), not the stock remote -res. shock
-no decals on the 888 lowers
-high rollers with the orange stripe (at least in front I believe)
-speedplay flat pedals
-saint brakes with dangerboy levers

Not sure how much this will help from a distance besides the floater and the DHX and the decal thing, but it's something.

This is a stock picture of the bike so you know what the frame looks like. There are very few of these around, so if you see one it should be a red flag.

As for what to do if you see it: do whatever the hell you want/can, just know you'll be compensated accordingly.

None of these pictures are of the actual bike, but the same year/color (the lower right one in the first pic), so it should give people a good idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Sorry to hear about your friend's bike. I will keep an eye out for it in the SF Valley and on my trips up to SB. Take my word for it, if I find the bike, and the person(s) who stole, I'll make sure they get what's coming...