Quantcast

STOLEN BIKE ALERT - Large Green Carbon Santa Cruz Nomad - Bay Area

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by OGRipper, Dec 16, 2012.

1. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 103
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f36/stolen-bike-alert-large-green-carbon-nomad-255689/

It's not a DH bike but my large green carbon nomad was stolen in Santa Rosa yesterday. These things are always a long shot but I would love to be a player in one of those awesome bike recovery stories... Any help will be appreciated and I'll gladly pay a nice reward if I get it back.

Pretty pimped out with full XTR, Fox 36, and Edge/Enve wheels (one of each). It was locked in the bed of my buddy's truck and seems to be a solo job (my friend's was left sitting there unlocked after things were cut).

Thanks.

View attachment 112713

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mattmatt86

mattmatt86 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 10
    Good luck. I was one of those stories about getting my bike back, it took 6 months but I got it back in the same condition as I lost it. Flood all forums and local shops with a Flyer, the guy that called me from the shop that found the bike found my thread on Pinkbike via googling "Stolen Morewood.".

3. kidwoo

kidwoo Celebrating No-Pants Day

Rep/Likes:
    158 / 1,504
    Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the second bike you've had swiped in the last two years isn't it?

What kind of lock was it?

4. jnooth

jnooth Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 1
    I also had my demo 8 stolen. I flooded facebook and the forums with good pictures and also let the local shops know. someone saw my post on facebook and saw my bike one day and grabbed it back and brought it into the local shop. bikes can come back. just make it as well known as possible that it was stolen

5. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 103
    Yeah 'Woo, it's true, and you have a good memory. I had a carbon blur LT stolen out of my locked car down in Santa Cruz a couple years ago. At this point I've made two pretty substantial contributions to the black market.

Thanks guys. We're getting the word out. I take a lot of blame for it because it wasn't locked very well and it was out of our view. That said, my buddy has locked up his equally nice bike in the same spot dozens of times without a problem. (We were right near the Russian River Brewing Company for some post ride Pliny at the source.)

I'm keeping it in perspective - news this week shows that there are much worse things that can happen. Plus, I've got good hookups and I can afford it. Still, it sucks.

6. ustemuf

ustemuf Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 14
    i'll keep an eye out for it.

7. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 103
    Thanks.

I miss my bike. :(

8. manhattanprjkt83

manhattanprjkt83 Rusty Trombone

Rep/Likes:
    17 / 262
    i do have to say if there is ever an excuse to having your bike stolen, it's post ride pliny.

best of luck to you OG.

9. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 103
    Thanks. When I told the police dispatcher where I was she said: "I know what I'd do if I were you - get another beer." And that's exactly what I did.

10. rockofullr

rockofullr confused

Rep/Likes:
    115 / 833
    Will keep an eye out as I am browsing the Bay Area Craigs List.

Although if the dude is selling it wicked cheap I might just need to buy it as a replacement for my AL nomad :D

11. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 103
    ^^^Ha! Thanks.

Hey everyone, I'm offering a reward for the return of my bike. I'll make that reward even sweeter if you recover it from rockofullr. :p