Quantcast

Stolen bike in Santa Cruz

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys, my friend was downtown Santa Cruz today and his locked up bike was stolen.

It is an Apple Green Santa Cruz Chameleon with red/polished Manitou forks, red anodized cranks, Hays brakes.

Here is the only picture I have of it:

Please, if you guys see it call me at 831.252.8528 and give me any information you can. My buddy is going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks.

Scarpa

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Felton
Total Heckler said:
It is an Apple Green Santa Cruz Chameleon with red/polished Manitou forks, red anodized cranks, Hays brakes.
:mumble: Ahh that pisses me off. My buddy got his bike jacked from his backyard about a month ago also. Did he have the bike registered? It will help if he ever finds it so he can prove it's his. I'll keep an eye out. Since his got stolen I check out every bike I see, especially if it's some dirty homeless mofo.

btw, I was gonna call you this week for a ride but I smashed my finger over the weekend and gotta wait for some stitches to come out. :(

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh man. That sucks about your finger.

He doesnt have it registered, but if I see someone with it, I will be taking it back.

I am actually selling my Heckler now to get a VP Free.

Man, I hope we can find both my friends and your friends bikes. So lame.

scvw79

Chimp
Sep 9, 2005
Aptos, CA
yes indeed, I got my bike ripped off...a few more details...

It is a santa cruz chameleon, lime green, XL size frame. There is a set of slightly oldschool Hope C20 disk brakes, AC cranks, schimano wheels, kenda tires, thompson seatpost and chris king headset. It was locked infront of the borders on pacific in santa cruz on wenesday, and stolen about 2PM. if anyone sees someone riding it, please contact me by cell at 831-596-9612, or call the police. I did file a police report, so they might be able to pursue it. Another thing, the rear brake has air in the lines and is going to need to be blead. I called the local shops, but they said without the serial number they cant do anything. :( O well. Thanks.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Keep in mind that all police will do is let you take it if you find it (and you have proof of ownership). Other than that they won't do anything.

I'll keep an eye out for it though. It seems like a pretty distinctive bike.

markk

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
Santa Cruz
Sorry to hear that. Was it locked with a U-Lock? I'll keep an eye out for it. If you bought it from a shop they should have the serial number on file for you. Best of luck.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Man, that sucks. My bike got stolen downtown about a year ago. I'll keep an eye out. I don't suppose you have renter's insurance? That was the only good thing in my case... the insurance covered it. The SC police do actually have a website that has a list of reported stolen bikes and is updated when they find anything, but when I checked it out it was mostly cheap bikes. This kind of bike is probably going to get stripped down and go over the hill. You might check out some swap meets. Not that any of this did any good in my case... :( Good luck.

scvw79

Chimp
Sep 9, 2005
Aptos, CA
i just talked to my agent and he said that he thinks it might be covered...a claim adjuster is going to give me a call in the next few days and hopefully I will get some cash...we shall see. Thanks for anyone keeping an eye out...

gobike

Chimp
Sep 4, 2004
it will stick out and be spotted sooner than later. I'll pass the info on the bike over to my friends too. If it's here, you'll get it back... Check the flea market. My friend found his stolen Superlight there a couple years ago

scvw79

Chimp
Sep 9, 2005
Aptos, CA
thanks for the encouraging words...id be all over looking every day, but I got it taken the day before i went on vacation and wont be back until next wenesday...I feel a bit stranded when I want to be out there beating the bush. but hopefully youre right...