Quantcast

Stolen bikes in Santa Cruz (Total Heckler check this out)

gobike

Chimp
Sep 4, 2004
Lets hope some of our friends get their rides back and the idiots that stole them get raped repeatedly in jail ...

From this morning's sentinal:

Detectives bust bike theft ring
Sentinel staff report

CAPITOLA � Detectives broke up a stolen bike ring Friday after getting a tip about a stolen mountain bike that sold on eBay for $1,700.

Capitola police detectives Mark Gonzalez and Kai Drechsler portrayed themselves as buyers from the San Jose area and won the eBay auction. The detectives arranged to meet the sellers, Karl J. March, 24, and Scott Rettig, 44, in Aptos.

With the help of Santa Cruz sheriff�s detective Sgt. Dan Campos and Santa Cruz police detective Sgt. Bernie Escalante, the team arranged to conduct the sting Friday at 6255 Soquel Drive in Aptos.

Detectives secured the residence after locating March, who climbed the second story roof of the home. March and Rettig were taken into custody without incident. The stolen bike was recovered during the search and returned to its San Francisco Bay Area owner.

Detectives found 33 high-quality mountain bikes from the residence and shop. They believe the bikes may be stolen from Santa Cruz and Santa Clara counties.

One of the bikes was confirmed stolen from the Live Oak area.

"Anybody who lost or had a bike stolen recently should contact us and try to identify their bikes through a serial number or description if there are specific after-market parts or stickers, which will help identify it as theirs," said Sgt. Tom Held.

Police ask anyone with information to call 475-4935 and ask for detectives Drechsler or Gonzalez.

"The ones up here in the NorCal might be a bit much for beginers . You may talk the talk but i ride the ride"-carcasshunter