Quantcast

Stolen Bikes -San Francisco

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Guys,

My brother had his building burglarized and along with some some things taken directly from the lower unit, they broke into the garage and got his bikes. Bay Area Ridemonkeys, please keep a look out. Much appreciated.

2 Mountain Bikes Stolen from home in Haight/Cole/Inner Sunset area.

Descriptions:

1) Santa Cruz Black Nomad with
- Fox 36 front fork (black)
- DT Swiss wheels and hubs
- Cane Creek headset (blue)
- FSACarbon bars
- Juicey 7 Brakes
- Sram XO components
- Fox shock
- Thompson Seatpost
- Specialized BG Saddle
- Maxxis Advantage Tires
- Gamut P20 White Bash
- Truvativ Cranks

2) Specialized Camber (Red w/ black and white trim)
- White XX Rock Shox fork
- Comand Post
- Avid Brakes
- Chromag Bars
- Roval Wheels and Hubs
- Specialized Tires
- Sram XO components
- Gamut P20 guide black bash
- Truvativ Cranks
- Point One Stem

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sorry for the los but LOL... what the F was he doing keeping nice rigs like that in the garage?

I lived in SF for about 7 years and I had two bikes stolen from our garage within the 1st year. First was my Cannondale road bike that I had for at least 13 years... I used it through college, as a bike courier in Boston, and then it was stolen within about 3 months of moving to SF. I replaced it with a Schwinn Moab (low end MTB) and that got stolen shortly after.

After that ALL bikes were kept in the appt LOCKED to the radiator heater thing with multiple Kryptonite NewYorkers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sucks Juan. Keep an eye out at the big swap meet where 280 and 101 meet. I've seen a few bikes pop up there before.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Also, you may want to spend some time cruising, hanging around 6th and Market... that used to be a good place to spot obviously-stolen bikes, especially if you suspect crackhead theft.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Also, you may want to spend some time cruising, hanging around 6th and Market... that used to be a good place to spot obviously-stolen bikes, especially if you suspect crackhead theft.
While you are there, stop in at the best resturant in town... Tu Lan :thumb:

Gawd I miss that place. Best imperial rolls and shrimp fried rice you will ever eat.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
hehe...

The crackheads that go to cole valley to rob a bike out of a garage are most likely not hanging @ 6th & market.

I knew a couple instances of people who lost bikes in garage break-ins specifically to get the bikes. In one case, the bike was actually locked inside the garage too.

Hope you get these back!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Sorry for the los but LOL... what the F was he doing keeping nice rigs like that in the garage?
You do not even want to know whats in my garage! Although the 85LBS dog will deter most. But I do not live in the Bay anymore either!:thumb:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I did it too. you can lock NY chains to other chains. It just gets hot during the winter.

When I had to keep my bikes in the garage, I had them locked to the 6x6 leg of my work bench and heavily tied into each other.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Uh...because that's where most normal people keep their bikes. Duh?? :rofl:

Just because the bike is in the garage or the house doesn't make it unstealable.
One fix....security systems. My garage is tied into my home security system. It will cost less than that beautiful fork! If you're gonna buy high end stuff shouldn't you protect it? :thumb:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Uh...because that's where most normal people keep their bikes. Duh?? :rofl:

Just because the bike is in the garage or the house doesn't make it unstealable.
One fix....security systems. My garage is tied into my home security system. It will cost less than that beautiful fork! If you're gonna buy high end stuff shouldn't you protect it? :thumb:
Garages in SF are under building and you can rarely hear what goes on in them from your apt. SF proper is also an extremely high theft area, more so than pretty much anywhere else I have ever been.