Quantcast

Stolen Bikes

I just wanted to let everyone know about our bikes that were stolen in case any of you run across someone offering a really good deal on a bike that sounds similar to one of these.

‘05 Norco Six
Black Size Medium
SN A4067798
Marzocchi Z-1 fork
Fox DH3 shock
Sram X.9 shifters & rear derailleur
Shimano Deorefront derailleur
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks 32/22/bashguard
Hayes HFX9 brakes & levers
Titec Scoper telescopic seatpost w/Titec Berzerker seat

‘04 Norco Atomik
Black Size Medium
SN A3168
Marzocchi Junior T fork
Fox Vanilla R shock
Shimano XT front derailleur
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks 32/22/bashguard
Axiom seat post w/WTB Speed seat

‘03 Trek Liquid 20
Blue Size Medium
SN WL3005357
Rock Shox Psylo SL Fork
Fox Talas RL shock
Sram X Gen front derailleur
Easton E70 carbon seatpost w/Selle Italia XO seat
Truvativ Team Stylo Cranks 32/24/bashguard

‘04 Specialized FSR XC Pro Disc
Red Size Small
SN M3JL32412
Manitou Axel Plus LO fork
Fox Float R shock
Shimano Deore Hydraulic brakes & levers
Shimano Deore shifters & front derailleur
Shimano XT rear derailleur
Shimano XT cranks 32/22/bashguard

I can provide more specific details on the components if anyone wants them. We'll be keeping our eyes out for them being sold at places like craigs list and ebay. I've also notified a few of the bike shops that buy used bikes. I'm hoping that someone trying to sell the Norcos will send up a red flag. My fear is that they'll be sold to a pawn shop that doesn't check to see if they are stolen. Please let me know if you see anyone selling a bike that sounds similar to one of ours and you think it looks suspicious.

They were stolen from our condo parking garage. It's a small building and everyone is good about making sure the doors are kept shut. We were told that apparently kids have been stealing electric garage door openers and trying them around various neighborhoods in Seattle until they get lucky. There wasn't any forced entry so that's as good a guess as any as to how they got in. So far eveyone in the building swears that they made sure the doors were closed last night. Almost everyone uses the garage door so that's most likely true.

I thought I'd post some good news about our bikes. Someone was selling the Atomik on Craigslist and we were able to recover that bike on Tuesday. The guy that was selling it didn't have anything to do with the theft, but he gave SPD some good info on the guy he got it from. We're hoping they can track down the other 3 bikes now. Wish us luck.