Quantcast

stolen Blue Bullit?

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
My buddy came across this post on craigs list selling a Blue Santa Cruz bullit. I only question it because he says it was $5500 new and is "Custom Downhill racer with top grade components" Such include "Deore XT" and "5th element suspension". Lastly he says it is a 27 speed bike... which is not true as I have a Bullit and to my knowledge they do not have 27 speeds unless someone changes it.

Hopefully the guy just has no idea what he's talking about, but if its your bike here is the link... And I would be happy to go with you to get it back...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/766842715.html

Attachments

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Yea, Ive never seen a "downhill racer" equipped with a headlight and seat bag. Its gotta be some sort of a scam or (hopefully not) stolen.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
It breaks my heart to do that to a bike.... You take a very good freeride/downhill bike and make it crossie, now its a crappy freeride/downhill bike as well as a crappy cross country bike. what a waste.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
they can, but i dont know why anyone that rides a bullit would want on instead of having a bash guard? I may be mistaken on something though?

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
Everything you said makes it seem like a legitimate sale. I have seen lots of people build up bullits like that, and $5500 would not be an unreasonable price to have originally bought it for if they put together a custom build. Also, everyone says things like "Custom Downhill racer with top grade components" wether or not it is true. Just look at ads for sh*tty kmart full suspension bicycles.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
Everything you said makes it seem like a legitimate sale. I have seen lots of people build up bullits like that, and $5500 would not be an unreasonable price to have originally bought it for if they put together a custom build. Also, everyone says things like "Custom Downhill racer with top grade components" wether or not it is true. Just look at ads for sh*tty kmart full suspension bicycles.
Good points and im hopping it is legitimate, but i know that bike is not worth $3000 still and not $5500 in the first place. By the color of that Bullit and components of it looks like a 2003, it does not look like a build kit as the shock, fork and other components are equal to what is standard on a Bullit of that year. Max for a 2003 bullit new that I have seen was about $2,700. My bullit is a 2004 with better components and retailed at $3100 if bought new from a store. So the difference is some Bar ends, a light, a cushion seat and a seat bag... Basically my point is unless the owner bought the frame and shocks, then paid alot of excess money for a rip off build kit, I dont see how it would ever get close to $5,500.

Good news though is normally owners rip people off for their goods on craigs list, as theives sell for cheap and quickly.