Quantcast

Stolen car stereo faceplate, and Eclipse is out of business...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm thinking the guy got into my car without breaking anything, and he took what he wanted. anything i put in as a replacement is just asking to get stolen by him again, as long as i live and park there. i may as well just place a $20 bill on the dash each month. i'm thinking of building a fake dash cover with wires sticking out of it, looking like my stereo has already been pulled.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Isn't the point of a removeable faceplate is that you can remove it so it doesn't get stolen? Maybe you could get a replacement and try that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Isn't the point of a removeable faceplate is that you can remove it so it doesn't get stolen? Maybe you could get a replacement and try that.
checked ebay; no go. company is out of business in the US. i emailed them and got a bounce back that the email is no longer valid.

i won't name which monkey suggested i go with Eclipse, but i will say that they went out of business in the US that same year. the sound was great.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
checked ebay; no go. company is out of business in the US. i emailed them and got a bounce back that the email is no longer valid.

i won't name which monkey suggested i go with Eclipse, but i will say that they went out of business in the US that same year. the sound was great.

irony would be if said member is now banned :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
News stories floating around about criminals with cell phone sized mystery device which disables alarms and pops locks without physical contact.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
News stories floating around about criminals with cell phone sized mystery device which disables alarms and pops locks without physical contact.
One of the girls dad's on my daughters team parked at Outback right up front in his 04 Silverado. It was gone 10 minutes later and nobody saw a thing. It had a chip in the key. Seems your thief can teleport.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
sorry mate. i did see they closed up in Jan of '10 and its not too surprising they shuttered their car audio line up but i didnt know when it was going to happen. the whole market is dying and its nothing like it used to be even 5-6 years ago, so seeing small companies like Eclipse get out of the car audio market isnt too shocking.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
sorry mate. i did see they closed up in Jan of '10 and its not too surprising they shuttered their car audio line up but i didnt know when it was going to happen. the whole market is dying and its nothing like it used to be even 5-6 years ago, so seeing small companies like Eclipse get out of the car audio market isnt too shocking.
no worries.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When my buddy spent $900 on his awful Pioneer dual din motorized faceplate POS, I knew it was a sign of crap to come. These HUGE all in one units have a place, I guess. But that place is not in any vehicle I own.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
When my buddy spent $900 on his awful Pioneer dual din motorized faceplate POS, I knew it was a sign of crap to come. These HUGE all in one units have a place, I guess. But that place is not in any vehicle I own.
there was a time that some of the double din all-in-one navi units were actually pretty decent (there are still some okay ones now) but the non-a/v double din units have always been garbage. hell, pretty much all the radios on the market now are honestly garbage compared to a few years ago...its too bad

Last edited: