Quantcast

Stolen Jamis Bam II from Diablo

BeaconBomber

Chimp
Apr 9, 2009
Beacon, NY
Hey everyone

Some loser stole my Jamis Bam II out of my pit during awards on Sunday at Diablo. It is an 09 Bam II the main frame is black, the chainstay is a tan color because I had to replace it once. It has a ti spring on the DHX 5 and a fox 40 with slightly worn stanchions. The ISCG mounts are also broken. If anyone has any information please let me know. I was supposed to leave for Cali in a few weeks!

Ryan
Beacon Bombers

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
F**king Ridiculous...... Bro I wish i saw someone taking a bike I would wreck there SH*t we all leave our bikes and we expect to see it there when we are done. What we need to start carrying bike chains to Diablo... Dude I will keep an eye out for sure check all the boards for part-outs or a complete sale. Sorry to hear dude really F**ked up for real..

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Amazing I have not heard of stolen bikes at Diablo even though I never leave my bike out of sight anyway you just never know.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Wow, ridiculous....

if you have a photo of the bike make sure t post it up.....

If they're stupid enough to steal a DH bike from the mountain, they will be stupid enough ride it at a mountain!

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I would be willing to bet that a first timer mistook your bike for his rental and returned it to the shop.

If it's not a simple misunderstanding, then that REALLY sucks. You'd never think this would happen after the water park closed.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
A note to everybody, leave the bikes right outside the shop at diablo OR LOCK THEM UP. i lock mine to my rack, which i lock to my car. the only times i forget locks, i leave them right up against the diablo doors.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
hearing stuff like this makes me so angry/sad. I'm constantly worried about theft and I convince myself that the MTB community is too good to let that happen. I can only hope it was an outsider that would do something like this, or as one poster suggested... some sort of an innocent mistake.

Having to worry about your ~$4-7k bike is not a relaxing situation. (especially for non-sponsored riders)

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Wow that is so ****ed up.... I'll keep an eye out as well, post a pic of the bike so we know what to look for.

Good luck finding it.

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
why you would walk away from your bike without locking it up is beside me.
Really dude the guy left it for a few minutes we need to carry chains with us I mean your gonna lock your bike every single time that is crazy.. Its not the guys fault its the sh^tbag that stole someone else property cause hey lets just take any bike thats not locked up... Here at diablo u would think you can leave your sh&t out and your fellow riding brotha's will keep an eye out for you not steel it... Maybe its me but I hate when dudes rip into the poor guy that got his sh^t stolen he got his sh^t stolen nobody needs to say hey I told you so... I had a girl like that hated that B I T CH

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Really dude the guy left it for a few minutes we need to carry chains with us I mean your gonna lock your bike every single time that is crazy.. Its not the guys fault its the sh^tbag that stole someone else property cause hey lets just take any bike thats not locked up... Here at diablo u would think you can leave your sh&t out and your fellow riding brotha's will keep an eye out for you not steel it... Maybe its me but I hate when dudes rip into the poor guy that got his sh^t stolen he got his sh^t stolen nobody needs to say hey I told you so... I had a girl like that hated that B I T CH
:confused:

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
anyone else see those teenagers walking around the parking lot? definitely didnt see them riding. one of them was wearing a black Diablo hoodie and smoking a cig.

i was packing up after my 2nd run and thought it was a lil shady but then figuredt maybe they were some friends of one of the junior racers....

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
anyone else see those teenagers walking around the parking lot? definitely didnt see them riding. one of them was wearing a black Diablo hoodie and smoking a cig.

i was packing up after my 2nd run and thought it was a lil shady but then figuredt maybe they were some friends of one of the junior racers....
ya they are, they are safe as can be, dont worry about them. i know them, they ride, just not yesterday.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Really dude the guy left it for a few minutes we need to carry chains with us I mean your gonna lock your bike every single time that is crazy.. Its not the guys fault its the sh^tbag that stole someone else property cause hey lets just take any bike thats not locked up...
you might think locking your multi thousand dollar bike up is crazy, but i dont seem to think it is. most bike carriers have locks on them. how hard is it to put your bike on your rack and lock it?
granted it really sucks this kid lost his bike, but how long does it take to lock the bike up versus someone seeing a unlocked, unattended bike and walk away with it.

i hope he gets his bike back and the person who stole it gets a beating...but take a second and lock your **** up...diablo, platty, mt snow...wherever

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
you might think locking your multi thousand dollar bike up is crazy, but i dont seem to think it is. most bike carriers have locks on them. how hard is it to put your bike on your rack and lock it?
granted it really sucks this kid lost his bike, but how long does it take to lock the bike up versus someone seeing a unlocked, unattended bike and walk away with it.

i hope he gets his bike back and the person who stole it gets a beating...but take a second and lock your **** up...diablo, platty, mt snow...wherever
While what you're saying makes sense, I can't remember the last time I was at a bike park and saw any bike locked up that didn't have a "for sale" sign on it.

Like I said earlier, I bet it was a misunderstanding. I only know of two people that actually OWN late model Jamis DH bikes, one of which is George Ryan whose custom red frame would never be mistaken for a rental, and the other is one of the young Diablo locals. Other than those two, I just assume every Jamis bike there is a rental, so it's not hard to believe that someone who's unfamiliar with the bikes in the first place mistook the OPs bike for a rental. OP, I would send an email to Diablo and see if someone returned a bike that wasn't part of the rental fleet.

Now that the waterpark is closed, every person that's at Diablo is someone who rides DH or works for Diablo. If this bike was stolen, it's definitely the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
While what you're saying makes sense, I can't remember the last time I was at a bike park and saw any bike locked up that didn't have a "for sale" sign on it.
well when you sh!t walks away when you walk away from it, then ill be sorry to hear that your bike got stolen.
people are dirtbags and will steal anything.

Excoudos

Chimp
Apr 25, 2007
Vernon
dude sorry to hear about ur bike. i live right in town so if i hear anything about it i'll let u know and i'll try to get it back. there has been some scumbags in Vernon lately braking into houses and cars for dope money. did u report it to the Vernon cops?

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
Ryan,

So sorry to hear about your bike. I thought you looked a little bummed out when I said goodbye to you on the footbridge Sunday afternoon. I live in Vernon so I'll keep an eye out for sure.

erik

Hey everyone

Some loser stole my Jamis Bam II out of my pit during awards on Sunday at Diablo. It is an 09 Bam II the main frame is black, the chainstay is a tan color because I had to replace it once. It has a ti spring on the DHX 5 and a fox 40 with slightly worn stanchions. The ISCG mounts are also broken. If anyone has any information please let me know. I was supposed to leave for Cali in a few weeks!

Ryan
Beacon Bombers

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
. I only know of two people that actually OWN late model Jamis DH bikes, one of which is George Ryan whose custom red frame would never be mistaken for a rental, and the other is one of the young Diablo locals.
You do know that he does not have a custom frame for 2010? Check on their website and it shows that their 2010 Jamis Bam frame is red. This means Diablo is selling the Bam 2 frames which are black.

Sorry to get off subject. Hope you get your bike back.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I know it sucks we have to lock up our bikes, but two things:

I rarely lock up my bike in the resorts because I keep an eye on it. I don't assume everyone on the mountain is my friend.

I also have a cable from Kryptonite which is 4mm in diameter. It does fit in any pocket.

If you lock the rear wheel to the frame, your bike won't get stolen at a resort.

BeaconBomber

Chimp
Apr 9, 2009
Beacon, NY
Thanks for looking out everyone. I really appreciate it. That is indeed my lost Jamis, thanks for posting! With any luck someone will be dumb enough to try and warranty the broken ISCG mounts or sell it, or ride it at diablo this weekend.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
This weekend at plattekill one of my friends was talking to a friend of a friend kid on deal and these two kids said they found a Bam in a ditch on there way home from diablo. I know that this is really terrible info and is not much help. I may be able to get some names but it was really just word of mouth by the time it got to me.